Modification of the Mipi interface

modify the Mipi interface protocol, we use the data flow pattern MIPI, which we use FPGA, and do not read and write interfaces to similar parameters to the ordinary camera; how to modify the program, and which contents under which directory to be modified separately?

hello sirius850120,

may i know what’s the use-case, what kind of device you would like to connect to tegra device?

moreover, please download [Release 28.2 Development Guide] in the [NVIDIA Tegra Linux Driver Package],
referring to the [Camera Development]-> [Sensor Driver Programming Guide] for more details.
thanks

hello JerryChang:
I have modefided all file about DSI Panel,such file list,
//
board-panel.c,
board-panel.h,
mods-display.dtsi,
nvdisp_stub.c,
panel-s-wuxga-5-0.dtsi,
panel-s-wuxga-5-0-mods.dtsi,
tegra186-quill-common.dtsi,
tegra186-quill-display-plugin-manager.dtsi,
//
I have build all file and flash kernel .I simulate all according panel-p-wuxga-8-0,change all codes like panel-p-wuxga-8-0, But I don’t know where i put I2C driver code about my dsi pannel and how i can debug about my panel driver is ok!
I have fineshed my csi camera like dsi panel, How can I debug them! where can i find user guides aboout them!

zyfq1976,

If your panel selection is correct, you should be able to see some log in dmesg.

Please refer to L4T document “Display Configuration and Bringup”. BTW, I don’t know what you changed to “tegra186-quill-display-plugin-manager.dtsi,” but this probably not works for external carrier board. Plugin-manager may only work for NV internal connector board.

WayneWWW,
Thanks for your reply.
I read all l4t document ,but i don’t kown where i put I2C driver code about my dsi pannel.My dsi panel demo driver codes is driver by mcu.
Example code list :
GP_COMMAD_PA(2);
SPI_WriteData(0xFF,0x05);

GP_COMMAD_PA(2,0xFB);
SPI_WriteData(0x01);

GP_COMMAD_PA(2);
SPI_WriteData(0xC5,0x31);
Delay(5);
GP_COMMAD_PA(2,0xFF,0xee);
Delay(1);
GP_COMMAD_PA(2,0xFB,0x01);
//Power-Related
GP_COMMAD_PA(2,0x24,0x4f);
GP_COMMAD_PA(2,0x38,0xc8);
GP_COMMAD_PA(2,0x39,0x27);
GP_COMMAD_PA(2,0x1e,0x77);
GP_COMMAD_PA(2,0x1d,0x0f);
GP_COMMAD_PA(2,0x7e,0x71);
GP_COMMAD_PA(2,0x7c,0x31);

I don't kown where i add this code !

zyfq1976,

Please describe what are these code for?
Is this the init command for DSI panel? We don’t use such API “SPI_WriteData” or “GP_COMMAD_PA” to send command to panel.

WayneWWW,
like the example:
SPI_WriteData(0xC5,0x31);
it send ox31 value to reg 0xc5 ,like this send command ,how can i write the code in tx2 L4t code ?

Please refer to our panel dts with “nvidia,dsi-init-cmd” node. This document would show what does this node represent.
kernel/kernel-4.4/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/nvidia,tegra186-dsi.txt

WayneWWW
if I need write code like this ,
//
nvidia,dsi-pkt-seq =
<CMD_VS LEN_SHORT CMD_BLNK LEN_HSYNC CMD_HE LEN_SHORT PKT_LP LINE_STOP>,
<CMD_VE LEN_SHORT CMD_BLNK LEN_HSYNC CMD_HE LEN_SHORT PKT_LP LINE_STOP>,
<CMD_HS LEN_SHORT CMD_BLNK LEN_HSYNC CMD_HE LEN_SHORT PKT_LP LINE_STOP>,
<CMD_HS LEN_SHORT CMD_BLNK LEN_HSYNC CMD_HE LEN_SHORT CMD_BLNK LEN_HBP CMD_RGB_24BPP LEN_HACTIVE3 CMD_BLNK LEN_HFP LINE_STOP>,
<CMD_HS LEN_SHORT CMD_BLNK LEN_HSYNC CMD_HE LEN_SHORT PKT_LP LINE_STOP>,
<CMD_HS LEN_SHORT CMD_BLNK LEN_HSYNC CMD_HE LEN_SHORT CMD_BLNK LEN_HBP CMD_RGB_24BPP LEN_HACTIVE3 CMD_BLNK LEN_HFP LINE_STOP>;
//

I need send my dsi panel driver code according above format?

zyfq1976,

You should add init command in such format in your dtsi/dts file. Panel driver should handle with something like regulator.

Please put your driver source in attachment. Also, share the dmesg after system boot up.

It would be better if you could share it as git patch, so that I can quick check what you’ve modified.

WayneWWW
where can i git my source codde?

After download the first version from our website, you can create it as git repo so that your change would be next patch.

Hello everybody , i’m working now on a projcet of implementation of a video store and forward system with the nano Jetson and i need Help if someone has idea about that ,and ich have a question about how to convert the CSI camera interface to an DSI ,thanks