More errors in Kaya build instructions

It’s weird you can’t find packages/dynamixel because the error message you are getting points to that path:
2019-05-15 07:17:08.477 ERROR packages/dynamixel/gems/dynamixel.cpp@53: Cannot open port

Can we double check that deploy script works fine for you? Can you delete or rename the ~/deploy folder and redeploy please? Is ~/deploy recreated? Maybe put some dummy text to config.json files of kaya versions and cat them on Nano after redeploying.

Oof, it’s going from bad to worse. I deleted the deploy folder and now when I try to rebuild I can’t get even get to the Nvidia servers. Maybe I should drive down there and let you guys try to debug in person?

ERROR: /home/chris/.cache/bazel/_bazel_root/9d332889b549d80feb9ab4adc49b1853/external/isaac/engine/build/BUILD:34:1: no such package '@nvcc_10//': Error downloading [https://developer.nvidia.com/isaac/download/third_party/cuda_10_nvcc-tar-xz] to /home/chris/.cache/bazel/_bazel_root/9d332889b549d80feb9ab4adc49b1853/external/nvcc_10/cuda_10_nvcc-tar-xz.tar.xz: GET returned 504 Gateway Timeout and referenced by '@isaac//engine/build:nvcc'

@chris5pb1j
The last error above shows that it failed to download the package for nvcc which is used to build. It is defined in third_party/engine.bzl which points to https://developer.nvidia.com/isaac/download/third_party/cuda_10_nvcc-tar-xz

Would you like to check the network connection and above URL is available?

Hello Everyone,

I have created my own custom 4-wheel differential drive robot assembly (without wheel odometry) with a Jetson Nano and realsense D435 camera. I also have access to a BMI088 IMU which I may or may not use.

I was thinking about modifying the current kaya application for deployment on my robot. For odometry, I wanted to obtain readings directly from the SVIO GEM (https://docs.nvidia.com/isaac/isaac/packages/perception/doc/visual_odometry.html) as a substitute for wheel odometry.

My immediate overall objective is to run the gmapping application on Isaac with the current hardware. Is this possible/advisable with the mentioned approach? What are the intricacies involved in modifying the Kaya application for deployment on a custom robot such as mine?

Some additional info -

• The SVIO GEM is running perfectly on my assembled robot

• I tried running the object detection Kaya application directly on my robot and it gave the following error:

[PortHandlerLinux::SetupPort] Error opening serial port!
    2020-10-06 15:33:56.298 ERROR packages/dynamixel/gems/dynamixel.cpp@51: Cannot open port /dev/ttyACM0: No such file or directory [errno 2]
    2020-10-06 15:33:56.299 DEBUG packages/dynamixel/gems/dynamixel.cpp@108: Switching PanTiltDriver control mode to: SPEED
    2020-10-06 15:33:56.299 DEBUG packages/dynamixel/gems/dynamixel.cpp@108: Switching PanTiltDriver control mode to: SPEED
    2020-10-06 15:33:56.299 WARN engine/alice/backend/codelet_canister.cpp@225: Codelet ‘2d_kaya.kaya_hardware.dynamixels/isaac.alice.Failsafe’ was not added to scheduler because no tick method is specified.
    2020-10-06 15:33:56.299 PANIC packages/dynamixel/gems/dynamixel.cpp@91: Servo doesn’t support MOVING_SPEED
    ====================================================================================================
    | Isaac application terminated unexpectedly |
    ====================================================================================================

The last line “Servo doesn’t support MOVING_SPEED” is similar to what @chris5pb1j mentioned in one of his comments.

Ofcourse, it is not surprising that that I am getting an error since I made no changes to the Kaya application to suit my custom robot. Since I am new to Isaac, I thought about asking my question here before I dive into the code to make changes. To restate my main questions -

Is it possible/advisable to follow the approach of modifying the Kaya application for deployment on my custom robot? If yes, what are the important steps that I should take/important points that I should keep in mind?

I am on a tight deadline, so any help at all would be really appreciated.

@OguzSaglam @chris5pb1j I would love to hear your thoughts on this.