Motion vectors in Gstreamer

Hello,
was anybody successfully with processing motion vectors using gstreamer.
If I use following gstreamer pipeline

videotestsrc pattern=ball num-buffers=300 ! ‘video/x-raw, width=(int)1280, height=(int)720, format=(string)I420, framerate=(fraction)30/1’ ! nvvidconv ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=(string)I420’ ! nvv4l2h264enc EnableMVBufferMeta=1 ! ‘video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)byte-stream, alignment=(string)au’ ! filesink location=test.264

I will get on screen really many messages like

Num MVs = 3600
0: mv_x=0 mv_y=0 weight=0
1: mv_x=0 mv_y=0 weight=0

3599: mv_x=0 mv_y=0 weight=0

Is possible to disable showing it in console/screen?
How to process it programmatically, e.g.using appsink or some callbacks?

Thanks

Hi,
The source code of nvv4l2h264enc is public. You may download it and keep the required prints. Please check

L4T | NVIDIA Developer
L4T Driver Package (BSP) Sources

Thanks for your answer.

I have found required files and recompiled library. I have commented out g_print lines and no info is showing anymore.

Now to second part of my question - is possible to get motion vector data from my application (using some sort of GstAppSinkCallbacks, GstPadProbeInfo or GstMeta )?

It seems, that function get_motion_vectors used in gstv4l2bufferpool.c do nothing more with founded motion vectors. Is it so?

Hi,
There is no existing implementation for this. Since gst-v4l2 is open source, you may check the code and do customization.

If is anyone intersted I have made modification of

gst-nvvideo4linux2_src

See:

GitHub - lagurus/gst-nvvideo4linux2_src: Meta data support for motion vectors on Jetson Nano

2 Likes