Mouse pointer too small

On Jetson Nano and 4K monitor, the mouse pointer is very small. I can’t find cursor size settings in Preferences. I tried $ gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface cursor-size 48 in a terminal.
This works temporarily, but the cursor size returns to normal (small) at the next boot. I looked at $gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.interface cursor-size and the response was 48 after rebooting, but the cursor is small. I tried putting gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface cursor-size 48 in a shell script and starting it with @reboot in a crontab, but that doesn’t work, though it works temporarily from a terminal when I execute the script. I tried the same shell script with crontab using several other times, like every minute, for example. Still doesn’t work.

I tried export $XCURSOR_SIZE 48 but that didn’t change anything.

This seems to be an NVIDA Jetson problem, because other hosts running ubuntu 18 don’t have that problem. Linux mint has a mouse and trackpad setting for pointer size. Why can’t jetson nano.

I’m on Jetpack 4.6. I’m using Ubuntu 18.04. Any ideas?

Hi,
A possible solution is to run the command at system booting to apply the setting. Please check the methods in Jetson Nano FAQ

Q: How to autorun an app or commands at startup?

Thank you, DaneLLL. It worked in a strange way. I inserted my command in /etc/rc.local. When I boot and get to the desktop, the mouse pointer is still small. However, when I open a terminal window, or code-oss the mouse pointer becomes large. That doesn’t happen when I open other programs such as chrome, filezilla, or system settings. Very strange behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.