MPI version used in AMGx

I am trying to test AMGx in an existing MPI application of mine. However, when I go to call AMGX_resources_create, which takes an MPI_Comm as an input, I receive an error in MPI_Comm_dup, stating that it is an invalid communicator.

I am passing MPI_COMM_WORLD to this (MPI_Init is called earlier in the application), so I suspect the bug lies in different implementations of the MPI library in AMGX and what version I am using. [s]I checked the dependencies of libamgxsh.so and found libmpi.so.1, but it’s unclear exactly what version of OpenMPI this library belongs to. I have narrowed it down to 1.4.3, 1.5.3, 1.5.4, and 1.8.1.

Does anyone know what version of OpenMPI was used to build AMGx?[/s] I am using the Red Hat 6.5 version. Or perhaps someone knows how I could make the codes talk to each other?

EDIT: I just noticed that the filename has the version in it, it’s OpenMPI 1.7.2 for anyone that needs it.

EDIT 2: After building OpenMPI 1.7.2, I still get the same error. Does anyone have experience with this error?

I was able to fix the issue. The issue is that I was passing MPI_COMM_WORLD directly into AMGX_resources_create. Instead, I created an MPI_Comm variable and set it equal to MPI_COMM_WORLD, then passed a reference to that variable to the AMGX_resources_create function, and now it works.