Multi GPU XY offsets

No I had not but the docs don’t make it overly clear as to where to place this directive, i.e. globally (if so which section) or per screen along with its xinerama options. I just tried it per XScreen, nothing. Also just tried in the ServerLayout…still nothing. I’d like to say I might as well yank and change the PCIe but at that point I might as well leave the second GPU to rot on my shelf.

p.s. if you can let the rmariani dude know I can’t reply I’d be thankful. It gave me some BS warning about max replies for a new user.

Msg to rmariani
Start by letting me know how many screens per GPU. If you enabled Xinerama you don’t need to launch things by defining the DISPLAY variable. Are you running with or without xine?

***It won’t let me reply anymore and tells me wait 20 hours

Well neither made a difference. Just for chits and giggles I did just swap my PCIe which helped previously when running GPU’s “vertically” but it just makes the offset worse when the screens are horizontal to the GPU’s.

Reply to rmariani -I’m confused are you not using the nVidia driver panel to set this up? If you’re writing your xorg.conf by hand we’re kinda in the wild west for you. Use the drive panel.

**not sure if either of you will see this since I’m locked out by the stupid reply limit but…
#1 generix why are you so anti xinerama? I’ve used it forever, hardware accel isn’t disabled, it simply limits the faster card to the lower card, i.e. lowest common denominator. I can play games or anything else (like compositing) just fine.

#2 xinerama is about the only good way to do this. I know what you’re saying and I told him too that if he had a use case that required the max potential of the faster card he would want to run them separate. However if he’s like me i.e. just wants more screens to monitor logs, read, code etc xinerama is THE best and only way to set things up so you can naturally drag things around and use tools that should be global. Even thing like the window lists is often locked to a single xscreen meaning you need to waste screen space with redundant tool bars / panels just to get basic functionality when running each GPU / XScreen separately.