Multiple Lidar Data Acquisition using ros bridge

Unable to acquire data from multiple Tim Sick Lidars

I have created a ros bridge for tim sick lidar drivers as I am unable to use the Tim sick drivers created for Nvidia Isaac. With reference to the link below:

The issue of interfacing Tim Sick Lidar with Nvidia Isaac sdk using isaac drivers hasn’t been resolved yet. As a way around this issue I am using a ros brige to use the tim sick drivers created for ROS. I am able to acquire the data from one Tim Lidar using this method. However when I try implementing this for multiple Tim Sick Lidars, I am getting an error. I have tried two methods to resolve this issue:

1. I tried creating a second instance of the RosToTim class and including it as a component in the ros_converter node (with reference to the ros_to_navigation_bridge_subgraph.json sample application)
    Multi_Lidar

2. I tried duplicating the RosToTim class under a different name and adding it to the above ros_converter node as a component. This doesn’t work either. In both the cases neither the ROS node nor the ros_converter nodes start (Even though the application executes successfully).

3. The last method that I tried implementing was the parallel behavior method. I tried creating a new node in the graph with a duplicate class name (RosToTim class) and followed the same implementation for the parallel behavior as in the ros_to_navigation_bridge_subgraph.json . In this case the application terminates unexpectedly.

Hi @mv06 , are you looking to integrate this with Isaac SDK? How are you acquiring the data for one lidar and sending it to ROS? (what you have mentioned you have gotten working). If you are creating a node for publishing this over, you should be able to use another instance of the same node to publish the data of the second node (like 2 lidar nodes each publishing the data and attached to their own respective lidars in sim)