Muxer output size - how does it work

From the help (https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/index.html#page/DeepStream_Development_Guide%2Fdeepstream_app_config.3.2.html%23wwpID0E0DB0HA):

width - Muxer output width in pixels.
height - Muxer output height in pixels.

It is not clear from the help what these values do. It sounds like all video frames are rescaled to this width and height, but elsewhere in the doco it says that this only happens when the muxer inputs are of different resolutions? So which is it?

If I set the muxer output to 640x360 will all frames of all streams be 640x360?

If I set the muxer output to 640x360 will all frames of all streams be 640x360?

I think so.

but elsewhere in the doco it says that this only happens when the muxer inputs are of different resolutions? So which is it?

could you paste the link here?

Yes. It happens when the muxer inputs are of different resolution to output w/h setting.

Both your answers are opposites. Is the code available for streammux so we can see what’s really happening??

The code is not public, if the resolution of the input of mux is different than the configured resolution of the mux, then scaling will happen to the configured resolution.

… and to complete the answer - if the sources are all the same size will it still scale to the configured width,height?

Yes.