mvapich2 include problem

hi,

I’m attempting to compile an “mvapich2” example but, the “mpi.h” include is unresolved. How would I fix this error?

Hi,
How do you compile the code? using mpicc or using nvcc and then linking to MPI?
Would you please try this command:
export C_INCLUDE_PATH=$MV2PATH/include:$C_INCLUDE_PATH
Here, MV2PATH is your mvapich installation directory. This will include the header file.

The better way is to include the above command in your ~/.bashrc file. (suppose you use Linux system)
Don’t forget to include the path to MV2PATH and source the .bashrc file.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info however, I still get the same unresolved error for “mpi.h”: see attachments
MPI_screenshot.jpeg
Parent.cpp (1.11 KB)

Hi,
I am afraid that I cannot find the attachment.
Would you please attach the details of the error? And more details about your configuration will be better.

Thanks.

There seems to be an error/malfunction in the posting method; so, I’ll re post the attachments here.
MPI_screenshot_2.jpeg
Parent.cpp (1.11 KB)
MPI_screenshot_5.jpeg
MPI_screenshot_4.jpeg
makeInstall.txt (70.5 KB)

Please omit.

Hi,
I saw some minor mistake in the attached picture.
export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/bin/install/mvapich2-2.0a/include/Include:SC_INCLUDE_PATH

would you mind changing it to this and try again?
export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/bin/install/mvapich2-2.0a/include/Include:$C_INCLUDE_PATH

Also, would you mind changing the PATH variable as well?
originally,
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/cuda-5.0/bin
New,
export PATH=/usr/local/cuda-5.0/bin:$PATH

Also, I am not quite sure whether the /usr/local/bin/install/mvapich2-2.0a/include/Include is the correct path to your include files.

When you compiled the mvapich2-2.0a, did you specific the install path like this?
./configure --prefix=/path/to/mv2-install/

Then, the correct include path is: /path/to/mv2-install/include.

(* /path/to/mv2-install/ is a illustration of your mv2 install path, you can specify it wherever you like)

Thanks.

I don’t see the difference between “export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/bin/install/mvapich2-2.0a/include/Include:SC_INCLUDE_PATH” and “export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/bin/install/mvapich2-2.0a/include/Include:$C_INCLUDE_PATH”; please elaborate

One is ‘SC’ and the other is ‘$C’
Thanks.

ok,

I finally got to this point “export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/bin/install/mvapich2-2.0a/include:$C_INCLUDE_PATH” issued from the command line in the downloads folder but, I still get “mpi.h unresolved” error at build time. Oh, I even changed the include paths and I still get the unresolved include “mpi.h” build time error.
Screen_Shot_2.jpeg

Hi,
Sorry for the delayed response. Would you please try these three steps?

1. Would you please add this line to your .bashrc rather than command line?
    export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/bin/install/mvapich2-2.0a/include:$C_INCLUDE_PATH

Also, before you run it, you can use ‘echo $C_INCLUDE_PATH’ (no hyphen) in command line to check whether the mvapich2 include directory has been included.

1. Would you please try (temporal solution) adding the absolute path to “mpi.h”?
    #include “/usr/local/bin/install/mvapich2-2.0a/include/mpi.h”
    Also, when you compile the program, use the absolute path for mpicc
    /usr/local/bin/install/mvapich2-2.0a/bin/mpicc source_code.c -o obj

2. Would you please attach the screen snapshot for ‘ls /usr/local/bin/install/mvapich2-2.0a/include’ and ‘ls /usr/local/bin/install/mvapich2-2.0a/bin/’?

Thanks a lot.

well,

When I did a right click on properties for the project, I added mvapich2 to the includes: see attachment.

Hi,
I saw the screen snapshot and it shows: /usr/include/mpich2 is included.
Would you mind adding the ‘/usr/local/bin/install/mvapich2-2.0a/include’ as well?
Also, would you please showing the ‘ls /usr/include/mpich2’ results?
Thanks.

ok, see attachment.

Hi, where is your path for installed mvapich2? This seems like a mpich2 path rather than a mvapich2 path.
Thanks.

ok, here it is: see attachment

yes, it was added to the includes

Hi,
Would you please add screen snapshot of ‘ls /usr/include/mpich2’?
I think the Screen_Shot_7.jpeg shows the correct include file for mpi.h.
Did you add that to your include file?
Thanks

hi,
Even though I was able to resolve the “mpi.h” issue, I still get syntax errors in the code: see attachments

Hi,
Sorry for replying late. Would you mind sharing all your source code? I want to give it a try on Nsight.

Thanks.

Happy New Year,

I just noticed your reply so, here is the code.