My Jetson focused Linux tips and tricks

I know this is a very old post. I thought someone might know what the problem is with using x2x. I really like x2x to use my keyboard and mouse on 2 computers. The problem I am having is that the Gnome desktop does not show the mouse pointer when starting x2x. I have to move the real mouse to get the pointer to appear. The the remote mouse moves the pointer. Nothing I have tried makes the pointer appear until the real mouse is moved.

I have not used x2x in a very long time. I can tell you a few of the things which changed which make it difficult to use now. If it were easy to use, I would be a very big fan of x2x even now.

x2x uses TCP/IP to talk to the remote desktop. In the past this turned out to be a security risk, and so for the most part X servers by default disable TCP (local connections use UDP). Even when a server does allow TCP there are now more authentication issues, especially if the account trying to use the port is from a remote system. So basically you have to figure out how to enable TCP in the remote system’s server (the Jetson I presume), plus all of the security issues to get TCP to be allowed for a particular session (using “ssh -X” or “ssh -Y” essentially does this, except it is in the reverse direction).