Ncu configure default profiling sections

These are currently enabled profiling sections from ncu --list-sections

--------------------------------- ------------------------------------- ------- --------------------------------------------------
Identifier                        Display Name                          Enabled Filename
--------------------------------- ------------------------------------- ------- --------------------------------------------------
ComputeWorkloadAnalysis           Compute Workload Analysis             no      ...21.1.1/Sections/ComputeWorkloadAnalysis.section
InstructionStats                  Instruction Statistics                no      ...2021.1.1/Sections/InstructionStatistics.section
LaunchStats                       Launch Statistics                     yes     ...pute/2021.1.1/Sections/LaunchStatistics.section
MemoryWorkloadAnalysis            Memory Workload Analysis              no      ...021.1.1/Sections/MemoryWorkloadAnalysis.section
MemoryWorkloadAnalysis_Chart      Memory Workload Analysis Chart        no      ...1/Sections/MemoryWorkloadAnalysis_Chart.section
MemoryWorkloadAnalysis_Deprecated (Deprecated) Memory Workload Analysis no      ...tions/MemoryWorkloadAnalysis_Deprecated.section
MemoryWorkloadAnalysis_Tables     Memory Workload Analysis Tables       no      .../Sections/MemoryWorkloadAnalysis_Tables.section
Nvlink                            NVLink                                no      ...Nsight Compute/2021.1.1/Sections/Nvlink.section
Nvlink_Tables                     NVLink Tables                         no      ...Compute/2021.1.1/Sections/Nvlink_Tables.section
Nvlink_Topology                   NVLink Topology                       no      ...mpute/2021.1.1/Sections/Nvlink_Topology.section
Occupancy                         Occupancy                             yes     ...ght Compute/2021.1.1/Sections/Occupancy.section
SchedulerStats                    Scheduler Statistics                  no      ...e/2021.1.1/Sections/SchedulerStatistics.section
SourceCounters                    Source Counters                       no      ...ompute/2021.1.1/Sections/SourceCounters.section
SpeedOfLight                      GPU Speed Of Light                    yes     ... Compute/2021.1.1/Sections/SpeedOfLight.section
SpeedOfLight_RooflineChart        GPU Speed Of Light Roofline Chart     no      ...1.1/Sections/SpeedOfLight_RooflineChart.section
WarpStateStats                    Warp State Statistics                 no      ...e/2021.1.1/Sections/WarpStateStatistics.section

I wonder how can I enable other profiling sections by default? E.g., MemoryWorkloadAnalysis.

You need to add the sections to the “default” set. This can be done by adding a snippet such as

Sets {
    Identifier: "default"
}

to the respective .section file(s). Sections can be part of multiple sets at once and the MemoryWorkloadAnalysis sections are part of the “full” set already, so an alternative can be to collect with the flag:

--set full

Thanks. I have added this snippet to the corresponding section file. However, I don’t observe any change when I run ncu --list-sections. The profiling also does not profile additional metrics. Do I miss anything here?