Need hardware advice for sending/receiving signals

Hello everybody, newbie here! I am hoping to get some insight into what my computational design should include for a flow loop with the equipment listed below. We are hoping to use the Jetson Nano and QWIIC and STEMMA ecosystem products.

Within the flow loop there are:

4 x electrically modulating ball valves: Bray Series 70 (part number 70-0051-113A0-536/B, 120 VAC input to run the motor, sends and receives 4-20 mA signals to the servo). This seems to be previously been wired with a normal 120 VAC line (to a wall socket) and a 4-wire to a NI-9263.

1 x three-phase Gould sump pump (part number1DW51C3EA, 230 V, 1/2 HP, 60 Hz, max 2.5 Amps)

plus other 4-20 mA signals from instrumentation such as this level transmitter

It seems the Nano could be extended with the Qwiic pHAT v2.0 to allow for additional I2C connections. However I am not sure what may be needed as far as DACs, ADCs, breadboards, voltage relays, etc., so any guidance or links will be extremely appreciated!

Hope someone has such experience can be shared. There is no analog IO port on Jetson, so an external DAC is necessary for analog signal control. For nano interface custom design, please refer to the nano Design Guide and Data sheet in DLC.

I don’t have any real suggestions, but other than the i2c, all of those will require some sort of buffer and/or isolation. The output current availability of all I/O is exceeded by everything you’ve listed except for the i2c (which is purely logic). Even a bipolar solid state switch might need a buffer if you operate it with GPIO. Very definitely you want any high power device on its own power supply (Jetsons are very sensitive to power line regulation). The i2c is a fairly standard 3.3V output, and I don’t know of any i2c devices which require any significant amount of power from the i2c itself (it’s just a signal).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.