Need Help on audio driver porting

Hello! I am porting audio driver for jetson nx emmc module. My own customized carrier board has a wm8731 audio codec. I didn’t find dma.c. Did the 4.9.10 kernel make changes to the audio driver framework? I have referred to the developer guide, but did not get help. Can you give me a successful case of successfully transplanting audio drivers to the same series of chips? Or you can give me the framework diagram of the new audio driver software. That would be greatly appreciated.

An additional question is which series of Tegra20 and Tegra30 is nx?

Hello!

Have you reviewed this section of the user guide?

Regards,
Jon

Yes, I have read this chapter, but I have no experience. Can you tell me some tips? But I know the first thing is to understand the software architecture of the audio driver, but I don’t know why the audio driver of nx is so different.

Hello!

Are you familiar with the Linux ASoC subsystem? If not you may wish the read the Linux ASoC docs.

If you are not familiar with the Linux ASoC subsystem then integrating a new audio codec will not be an easy task and I would recommend that you use something like the FE-PI Audio Z V2 module which we have tested.

Regards,
Jon

1 Like

Hello!

The Jetson Xavier NX has the Tegra194 device.

Regards,
Jon

Thank you very much for your suggestion, I think it is very useful. However, before asking questions, I have previously read the two documents you mentioned. But the Linux Asoc docs have no pictures and are not easy to understand. Can you give me an example of successfully porting audio drivers on nx? I want to know what needs to be modified in platform, machine, codec, and dts. I need these parts of the source code to compare and understand.

Hello!

I know you mentioned that you already read this, but this is described here in the section “To support a custom codec board on Jetson ASoC machine driver”.

Regards,
Jon