need help with curand host api

I was trying to run the host api example about random numbers found in the cuda 7.0 documentation and I failed. I tried to go the project properties to add curand.lib again I failed. I searched online for solution but I could not find any help. the following is the message that I got. Did somebody experience that before? what is the solution?

1>------ Build started: Project: RandomNumbers_5, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1> Compiling CUDA source file kernel.cu…
1>
1> C:\Users\ConserveEddy\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\RandomNumbers_5\RandomNumbers_5>“C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v7.0\bin\nvcc.exe” -gencode=arch=compute_20,code=“sm_20,compute_20” --use-local-env --cl-version 2013 -ccbin “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\bin” -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v7.0\include" -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v7.0\include" -G --keep-dir Debug -maxrregcount=0 --machine 32 --compile -cudart static -g -DWIN32 -D_DEBUG -D_CONSOLE -D_MBCS -Xcompiler "/EHsc /W3 /nologo /Od /Zi /RTC1 /MDd " -o Debug\kernel.cu.obj “C:\Users\ConserveEddy\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\RandomNumbers_5\RandomNumbers_5\kernel.cu”
1> kernel.cu
1>kernel.cu.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _curandCreateGenerator@8 referenced in function _main
1>kernel.cu.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _curandDestroyGenerator@4 referenced in function _main
1>kernel.cu.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _curandSetPseudoRandomGeneratorSeed@12 referenced in function _main
1>kernel.cu.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _curandGenerateUniform@12 referenced in function _main
1>C:\Users\ConserveEddy\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\RandomNumbers_5\Debug\RandomNumbers_5.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Linker Input Addtional Dependencies should look something like this;

$(CudaToolkitLibdir)\cudart.lib;curand.lib;cublas.lib;cufft.lib;%(AdditionalDependencies)

Also you are running in Debug mode (the -G flag) which will cause the CUDA compiler not to apply optmimizations and run device code much more slowly.

Also make sure you added the necessary include and library directories.

The bottom line is that you probably did not configure the project properties correctly.

You can also look at some of the cuda sample code projects that use CURAND to see how they are set up.

I tried all the thing you said about dependencies and include and library, I also tried release mode but all that come with the same result regarding the original problem.
However thank you for the tip about release mode it greatly improve the speed of other codes that depend on speed of execution. That was really helpful. If you think of other thing that can help with that host RNG code I will appreciate that.

Thank you