Need reference for how to reconnect a lost rtsp input stream with python app

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU
• DeepStream Version 5.0.0.1
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) T4
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

The RTSP input stream may be lost sometimes, but the python app cannot reconnect it automatically, can someone please offer a reference code for how to reconnect the lost RTSP stream in Python (for some reason I have to use python, though I know the c/c++ version already solved it)?

Or can anyone provide a hint about how to get the current RTSP srouce state, so that I can reset the pipeline to “PLAYING” ?

Thanks!

Since you have already known the c/c++ solution for reconnecting. All gstreamer and gobject APIs have python bindings, you can translate the c/c++ code easily to python. PyGObject API Reference, PyGObject API Reference

And there is also some resources for Gstreamer python. Python GStreamer Tutorial

Thanks Fiona, I’ll look into it.