Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.
• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
Jetson nano dev kit
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
Cuda toolkit version: 10.2.300
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
Does nVidia plan to publish static version (.a) of the nvd* shared libs present in the DS sdk ? if yes, when could it be expected ?
deepstream nvds*.so libraries are referencing libgst*.so and it prevents someone from using his own version of gst (statically linked).
I’ve successfully statically cross-compiled gstreamer and I’m running it on Jetson nano (using wsl2, vcpkg, dedicated toolchain and several port fixes).
I’m now trying to leverage the deepstream plugins to benefit from gpu/hw acceleration.
Since there are no source-code access I’m aware off for these (?), I can’t generate the .a version of the various libnvds_* libraries. Hence the need to have nVidia releasing the .a version along with the .so version of the various libraries included in the DS sdk (or provide the sources).
PS: I’m conscious that gst plugins model is not ideal for static compilation, nonetheless, current lack of .a files from the DS sdk libraries forces me to use a shared lib version of the gst.
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
Trying to create deepstream_test1 statically linked against deepstream 6.0 plugins & static version of gst.
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)
Provide *.a files along with the various .so files so one can statically compile deepstream_test1 against nvds and gstreamer (static version of gst).