Network device naming schemes - Xavier AGX

Hi,

I am connecting ethernet cameras to the Xavier and I need persistent ethernet names.
I was expecting the OS in the Xavier to follow the Predictable Network Interface Names but I still get eth0 eth1 eth2 eth3…

However, the ID_NET_NAME_PATH looks correct and I get a warning
Command:
udevadm test-builtin net_id /sys/class/net/eth2
Result:

calling: test-builtin
Load module index
Network interface NamePolicy= disabled on kernel command line, ignoring.
Parsed configuration file /lib/systemd/network/99-default.link
Created link configuration context.
ID_NET_NAME_MAC=enx78d0042dfe1a
ID_OUI_FROM_DATABASE=Neousys Technology Inc.
ID_NET_NAME_PATH=enp1s0f1
Unload module index
Unloaded link configuration context.

Why is that? How can I enable the Predictable Network Interface Names?

Many thanks in advance

I modified in /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf net.ifnames=0 to net.ifnames=1 to enable the predictable network interface names.
I got the correct names except for the main ethernet port, which is still called eth0. I am still trying to understand why.

I don’t know if this applies to a Jetson since it doesn’t really have a BIOS, but can you try this edit in extlinux.conf next to the “net.ifnames=1” modification? Add (space delimited):
biosdevname=1

Although the above is unlikely to be a problem, I suggest when experimenting with extlinux.conf that you have a second duplicate boot entry to the one you would modify, and that you leave the original entry alone so you can pick a known working entry via serial console in case something does go wrong (the duplicate would be edited, the original would be left alone if you have any risk of boot failing…parameters passed to the kernel would normally be ignored if not understood and would not be a risk).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.