DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-300)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-200)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-100)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
other

Dear NV-team,
after updating DRIVE OS from 6.0.6 by SDK-manager to 6.0.8.1 by Docker, I could not see the network-mananger in the settings. As an result, I can’t establish a SSH to the host (so far I just used ttyACM0), don’t have WiFi and of course no internet. Beside this, also BT is missing (which was also available in OS 6.0.6).
Would it be possible to check my logs and provide me any root-cause resp solution for this?

log_after_sudo_reboot.txt (45.3 KB)
log_boot_after_power-cycle.txt (70.6 KB)

From DRIVE OS 6.0.8.1, the SDK Manager method is no longer available, and only the Docker method is supported.

Could you please clarify how you attempted to update to 6.0.8.1 using the SDK Manager? Additionally, I recommend trying the Docker method to ensure a successful update.

Hello @VickNV, of course I installed OS 6.0.8.1 by Docker and not by SDK-Manager. However, since I have made the update, I have trouble with network-manger (this was mentioned in other posts in the forum, too). So, my question is, how do I get the network-manager again to use ethernet (wired or by WiFi)?

Dear @DominikS,

Please see Network Manager does not exist in DRIVE OS installation.

We expect the ethernet to work by default after flashing. Could you confirm LAN wire is connected to which RJ45 port? Please check connecting to both RJ45 ports and update the status.

Hello @SivaRamaKrishnaNV, I counterchecked the topic with a colleague who has exactly the same setup. After he updated from Drive OS 6.0.6 (done by SDK manager) to Drive OS 6.0.8.1 (done by Docker), he also has nomore network connections - our both message in network settings was like this AGX DRIVE ORIN - Network Manager needs to be running - #6 by SivaRamaKrishnaNV (see the picture drive_internet_issue1 of this post).
We both got the topic solved by …

1. sudo apt update

2. sudo apt-get install network-manager

3. sudo apt upgrade
    Tomorrow I’m able to check the availability WiFi. If this is working, it would be ok for me to close this post with manually installation.
    However, it still would be good to know, why the network-manager not appears, since I’ve seen this in some other posts as well.

Dear @DominikS,
Could you share the ethernet connection pictures as asked and confirm if the internet is working(like ping Google or ssh to other machines)?

As mentioned in Network Configuration in NVIDIA Filesystems we use systemd-networkd

Hello @SivaRamaKrishnaNV, yes I’ll do this tomorrow. Currently I don’t have access to the NV Drive AGX devkit.

Hello @SivaRamaKrishnaNV, due to restricted IT-settings it’s not so easy to ping Google. However, a SSH via 10GbE RJ45 was possible (see the attached screenshot).
To get the ethernet running, I resinstalled the network manger again manually (see second picture).

Dear @DominikS,
I could see ping is working. So the network issue is resolved?

Hello @SivaRamaKrishnaNV, yepp I think we can do so.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.