Network Switches Port Roles Appear Incorrect

The issue is currently being investigated by our team. Could you provide more details on the urgency and whether this issue will impact your tasks? This will help us prioritize the investigation accordingly. Thank you for your patience.

This issue is completely blocking our development with Orin. We have multiple sensors in slave mode connected to this switch and not able to access any of them on Orin dev kit. Also, we have multiple devkits and all have the same issue.
It would be great if you could expedite resolving the issue.

@VickNV you mentioned above if there are any additional details that we can provide, is there something you’d like for us to check in helping with the debug?

The port is left as the default configuration for MTU (1466 i believe, which is 1500 with MACSec enabled) and we do initialize it to 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.2.100 for Spruce and Oak respectively on the XFI interface. Otherwise we have not made any changes to the Ethernet portion.

We have also, for debug, been using the EQOS port and an external media converter. With this we can configure the media converter to master mode and the appropriate speed and are able to communicate with devices we’re looking to connect in this case.

Thank you for providing these details. Our team is currently investigating the issue and we will let you know if we need any additional information. Please bear with us as we work on resolving the problem.

Hello @VickNV

just to follow-up to see if the team has been able to make any progress towards this issue. If there is anything you’d like us to try to help with this effort please let me know.

Hi @VickNV ,
Following up to see if there is any progress on this issue. Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thank you for following up. During the internal code walkthrough, we have confirmed that the slave mode on the PHY ports is being set correctly. As a result, we will update the document to ensure alignment with the code implementation.

But this doesn’t solve our issue of connecting the sensors to Orin. From the above discussion, my understanding is that to communicate with the sensors, the Orin ports should be set to Master and the sensors should be on Slave mode. With the current Slave mode configuration of Orin ports, how to communicate with the sensors?

I’m checking with our team and will keep you updated here. Thank you for your patience.

Can you provide more details about the Ethernet sensors you’re trying to connect in slave mode? Additionally, have you checked out the ecosystem pages provided below to help you select the appropriate sensors?

Yes, our Ethernet sensors are from the ecosystem pages which are supported on Orin. We are using the Luminar and Hesai lidars in Slave mode.

Which Hesai lidar are you using? Per the pages, Luminar lidars aren’t yet supported in the latest release (DRIVE OS 6.0.6).

Please refer to Connecting Lidar hardware to Orin target and see if the Ethernet 1 GbE RJ45 connector works for you.

As mentioned above in the thread we already tried connecting the Lidar to RJ45 port and we were able to establish connection through a media converter which is set to master mode. For our use case, we want the lidar to be connected to the on board switch(Spruce), as the switch is on Slave mode we aren’t able to connect to the Lidar.

I’ll check this internally and get back to you. Thanks.

According to the ecosystem pages, Hesai P128 is the only one supported with the current release (6.0.6) and by nvidia. Please use it and configure it as master mode.

If the Hesai P128 is set to Master mode, access to web interface and the ability to configure the IP of the lidar will be lost. Having the lidars on Slave mode and Orin switch on Master mode will be ideal. Could you provide instructions on changing the switch(Spruce) to Master mode?

I recommend reaching out to Hesai directly for instructions on how to set the lidar to Master mode. They should be able to provide you with the necessary guidance and steps to achieve the desired configuration.

The documentation issue was fixed and you can take a peek at the document of DRIVE OS 6.0.8 (not released yet).

VickNV, thanks for checking internally and the updated documentation!

Would it be possible for you to check if there is any way (via FW update or otherwise) to change this setting for the Marvell switch (88Q6113) from Slave (secondary) to Master (primary).

I can see there is a way to update FW but nothing related to changing any parameters as of today