New comer on Cuda C 5.0 with Visual studio 2008 on Win7. help please!

1- I want to test some basics examples located in “C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\CUDA Samples\v5.0\0_Simple”, particularly the matrixMul which multiply matrix. But once my project created, I have this error when trying to build the solution:
Error 1 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘sys/time.h’: No such file or directory
Please can you explain how can I fix it?

2-I don’t clearly understand how the matrix multiplication works on cuda. but the CPU code is fine for me. What is the way to understand it? Also if I want to test matrixMulCUBLAS, what do I need to understand please?

Thank to all those who will be helpful to me to progress in CudaC.

The first problem is arising due to your visual studio environment not defining WIN32 or WIN64. This results in incorrect code inclusing in helper_timer.h, one of the files included into that matrixMul project. I’m not sure why this would be, it seems that your visual studio is not set up properly.

The second question is not easily answered. You should avail yourself of the teaching resources available for CUDA, and probably start with a less complicated example to understand, such as vectorAdd. Then ask specific questions about things you don’t understand.