New Create Install 2022.3.3 blocked by Avast

Avast has blocked new Create install.
Kit.exe- infected with IDP.Generic, Quarantined.

Should I tell Avast to disregard?
Never had this issue with any previous version.

We will look into this immediately and get back to you. Thank you

1 Like

Hi lookout42,
Can we ask for a little more detail.

1. What version of Avast ? Can you make sure you upgrade and update to the latest version
  2. Can you give me details of your system. What OS? What version exactly? What hardware?
  3. The exact error message given. Is it “Kit.exe- infected with IDP.Generic, Quarantined” ?

If possible could we get a screenshot of the error message ?
Thanks
Richard

Avast 22.12.6044 (build 22.12.7758.771)
Virus Definitions version 230223-4
UI version 1.0.746

(However, Avast just autoupdated, and asked for a restart. I will restart and try a reinstall to see if it still throws that message. ) (Edit- i did and it does- Ver 23.1.6049 (build 23.1.7883.774) Virus Def 230223-4)

Using Win10 10.0.19045 Build 19045 Asus Strix g17 laptop with 3070 & 32GBmem.

We’ve blocked kit.exe because it was infected with IDP.Generic.
Threat Name: IDP.Generic
File path … Appdata\local\ov\pkg\deps\163fef03dd8f78f5f8f97c591f02f2b2\kit.exe

I do have the choice to create an exception.

can you delete the program and reinstall. Just make sure that when you install and run that Avast is OFF until we figure it out.

Done.
With AVAST off, Windows Defender flags it.

“Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of NVIDIA Omniverse Kit on all public and private networks.”

Same file. C:\users\admin\appdata\local\ov\pkg\deps\163fef03dd8f78f5f8f97c591f02f2b2\kit.exe

It offers me the chance to Allow private networks, pubic networks or both. I let it through, and it loaded up fine.

I then updated windows, (newest security update and a cumulative preview update)- and deleted and repeated the install.

~This time there was no flag thrown by Windows Defender, but I don’t know if that was because I already made an exception on the previous install.

Thanks for letting us know. That is good news. So you are up and running now ?

Yup, It’s up and running.