New forum edit functionality

Hey, the new forum looks great. Was just wondering: is there a way to edit posts? I made an incorrect statement in one my posts and wanted to clarify. I would assume the three dots icon, but it doesn’t seem to be there on the post in question.

Edit: I see it’s here on this post. I assume there is a time limit. Perhaps it could be removed or extended?

1 Like

Thanks! I just modified the limit for the Top Contributors.
You should be able to make edits now. Let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks. This one seems still outside the time limit but it’s fine. I just added another post. It’s from before the migration.

Also. Small issue and off topic. Hyperlinks don’t appear in the preview, at least on mobile. Edit: not just in the preview… But the image attach functionality is really nice.

Hi Mike,

Those topics from pre-migration might be locked from edits. I will need to dig in and get back to you. I will also look into the link issue on preview.

Thanks,
Tom

Hey Mike,

I made a permissions change. Could you try to make the edit once more?

Thanks, Tom. I was able to edit it.

1 Like

Hi Mike,

Regarding the preview feature, the preview showing depends on the meta data set by the site which the link points to. I tested this with a few different sites, and it does work with most.

The first link was from the forums (below).

Let me know if you experience any issues.

Thanks,
Tom

RE: links with no underlines, i’m seeing it on desktop as well. I’m using Chrome Linux. All hyperlinks look like regular text in the preview and outside unless i hover. Not referring to the inline preview which does appear to work with forum posts. I have cleared cache.

Example:
Screenshot from 2020-03-16 19-07-42

Hi Mike,

Making the links more noticeable is on my to-do list.

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Thanks, Tom. Glad to know it’s not just my configuration or something.

1 Like

Hi Mike,

If you have not already noticed, links in topic threads are now showing in Nvidia green.

https://developer.nvidia.com/

Best,
Tom

1 Like

I did! Thanks for the change! The whole place looks fantastic now!

1 Like

Thanks Mike!