very interesting. After searching google and some folks just say to “compile them anyway, sometimes IntelliSense will just start working,” another reboot, without doing anything else, it seems IntelliSense is now working in all the samples AFTER I gave up and just tried to see what a “Rebuild all” would do. Lo and behold, all the samples compiled.
No errors however there were 559 “Warnings” and almost all were about “Macro redefined” or conversion losses (e.g., float to int)
my confusion level is climbing … I just ran the Mandelbrot example (and some others) and while it “successfully compiles” and runs, it also is reporting 20 error, all dealing with IntelliSense and CUDA. Many for __syncthreads, threadIdx, atomicAdd, dim3, and others.
adding the short code block from KlausT fixed _syncthreads but everything else stayed the same. I tried adding the others to the code block but no joy.
what is even more strange is it is not consistent (example - threadIdx.x is accepted in some places in the code and a few lines later not.)
I am going to create a new project from scratch and try to enter by hand a sample from one of the teaching books I have (CUDA by Example), ignoring all the IntelliSense errors and see if it will work.