Newest PVD crashes/doesnt launch

I recently updated pvd, and the program fails to launch. It shows in the task manager briefly, but the window never shows, the task manager Status column flashes suspended just before its removed from the taks list. The event viewer shows two Application Errors

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program PVDNext because of this error.

Program: PVDNext
File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action

1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
  2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    • It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    • It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
  3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
  4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
  5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0

and the other

Faulting application name: PVD3.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5acb4258
Faulting module name: PVD3.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5acb4258
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x00000000000012d1
Faulting process id: 0xa34
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4520e67c3f3e9
Faulting application path: \NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX Visual Debugger 3\PVD3.exe
Faulting module path: \NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX Visual Debugger 3\PVD3.exe
Report Id: 0fb8b769-f5fd-4ee4-9d07-87eb33bfc7b6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Im on Windows 10 [Version 10.0.17134.285] Geforce 970 with the latest driver (411.63).
The older version of PVD that I had starts up, but crashes after a little while with this driver. I havent made any systems changes that would cause it to stop working except for an auto windows system update that happened within the last two weeks.
I did the upgrade because I was on the ~397 driver for a long time and pvd was working, but it recently stopped showing my physics scene when my program started and loaded collision. This leads me to think that something in a recent windows update has changed the way PVD functions, as the old one either shows nothing or crashes after a little, and the new one doesnt start/show at all.