No ADB driver for Advent Vega Tegra Note 7 (UK) in TADP 2.0r7

I’m trying to use an Advent Vega Tegra Note 7 (Tegra 4 device, bought in the UK) with the latest TADP 2.0r7, but there does not appear to be any ADB USB driver available for it.

None of the drivers in the Drivers folder have any reference to the device (with HID USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002 in device manager).

I’m using windows 8. I can get it to work by manually adding an entry…

%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002

… to the driver inf file and then force installing that (by disabling driver signing), which allows me to connect debugger, but stops the device from appearing as a media device for file transfer.

Can anyone help? What are the correct .inf file entries for this device, or where can I find a proper ADB USB driver for it?

Hi,
The .inf file is stored in the TADP install directory (eg: C:\NVPACK\Drivers\Devkit\Win8). You can install the driver and then try again.
Any more problem please let me know.

Thanks & Best Wishes.
Amy.

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your reply, however in my original message I mentioned that the drivers in that folder do not work with the device I have. If you open the .inf file in the directory you mentioned you’ll see that it has no reference to the Tegra Note (it only has entries for Nexus devices).

When I look at the HID (Hardware ID) of the Android device I’m using I see…

USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002&REV_0232
USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002

So I would expect to see an entry in the .inf file with a reference to something like that, but there isn’t one.

The .inf file in the Win7/XP folder does have some entries for Tegra Note and Shield devices, but none of the HIDs match the device I have.

Any suggestions?

Hi Willcuk,

Sorry for my misunderstanding. You can try to add the HD information as the following

;NVIDIA Tegra NOTE
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002&MI_01

in Drivers\Devkits\Win7+Vista+XP\android_winusb.inf. And install the driver matually.
Any more problem please let me know.
Thanks.
Amy.