No DSI MIPI data on custom carrier board

I am only flashing kernel or dtb. I am not flashing system.img all the time.

EDIT: I will try this on Saturday when I won’t be interrupting my colleagues work, unfortunately I don’t have the time during work days to do full flash from null.

Just my personal opinion, you can periodically clone out the data on your board.

https://elinux.org/Jetson/TX2_Cloning

It is not very wise to put all the data on an embedded device without any copy.

1 Like

I know about cloning - but doesn’t that also clone uboot and kernel? We do make backups, of course, it’s just it’s very time consuming to reflash cloned images on TX2NX with USB 2.0 speeds - takes about 20 minutes for the 10 - 15 GB image file to flash.

Hello! I am very sorry about the delay.

I tested this with my colleague again and we are 100% sure that the HPD pins, even disabled in device tree, are the fault of this error.

HPD pins can’t be left floating, depending on which SOR the DSI display is being used (Example: you can keep SOR1 HPD pin floating, if you are using DSI on SOR0 but the SOR0 HPD pin MUST be pulled up)

I PMed you the DTB. The HPD pins are disabled.

Thank you!

Hi,

Is your result based on the full flash result instead of only updating “kernel dtb”? This would prevent some problem from cboot that affects the result of kernel display driver.

We just had another user who suffered from some display issue for months just because he didn’t do full flash.
His issue is also the hpd problem. Thus, we would like to prevent such case happened on your side.

Yes, this test was on stock Jetson just flashed with SDK Manager and with my kernel and dts - no changes on any part of the bootloader.

Here’s the DTS:
tegra186-p3636-0001-p3509-0000-a01.dtb (188.3 KB)

Okay, so I did a complete full flash this morning and the issue still remained. Please, just test this yourselves and add a note about this in documentation.