No flash.sh and no Xavier/Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/dtb path on host pc

Thanks in advanced. I want to use leopard IMX274 module on xavier, so I need to follow steps in datasheet, but, as my title, no such infos existed in my host pc in step4&6, I do use this pc to setup jetpack4.2 successfully, how can I flash tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000.dtb into xavier, that make me crazy totally.

IMX274_R32.1_Xavier_NV_Quad_20190624_Driver_Guide.pdf (708 KB)

I’ve not worked on custom carrier boards, but basically the content of the “Linux_for_Tegra/” directory is from the “driver package”. This is automatically downloaded if you use JetPack/SDK Manager. If you run JetPack/SDKM this will be downloaded for you.

Running SDKM requires setting options at the start to pick which device you want to work with, e.g., Xavier (R32.2.1 from JetPack/SDKM4.2.1 can work with TX1, TX2, Xavier, or Nano). All will produce “~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/” on your host. Within this there are different subdirectories for different targets, and if you selected Xavier, then steps would produce “~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.2_Linux_P2888/”. All content within this is for Xavier flashing. Specifically, there is a “Linux_for_Tegra/” subdirectory within that. If this is not there, then JetPack/SDKM needs to be run and told to download for Xavier.

Third party carrier boards overlay files on top of the default content within the “Linux_for_Tegra/” directory, and after that flash and software addition is “standardized” and won’t care about your optional added content.

Note that JetPack/SDKM can be told to also install extra packages, but unless you uncheck flash, it will also flash each time. You can tell JetPack to do only flash or only install extra packages…be careful to pick just one at a time if that is your goal.

The content within “Linux_for_Tegra/” can be used manually if it has been set up, e.g., if you have placed third party device trees there, then you can flash on command line, or just use the command line to flash only device tree if you want to go through the learning curve. Usually it is easier to just flash since this also adds any device tree you added/replaced.

Thanks a lot. You’re so warmhearted. I’ve found flash.sh, but unfortunately, I still can’t drive IMX274 camera module. I’ll try more times.