No HDMI signal output

Software Version
[*] DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0

Target Operating System
[*] Linux

Hardware Platform
[*] NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)

Host Machine Version
[*] native Ubuntu 18.04

Hi! I have downloaded, created and flashed DRIVE AGX with DRIVE OS 5.2 based on the SDK manager.

Everything goes fine during the whole process and I did verify the installation by checking the “Repair/Uninstall” page and nothing abnormal.

However, my monitor received nothing from the XA-1 HDMI interface of DRIVE AGX after rebooting. I have tried:

(1)Rebooting

(2)Check the system power and there is no problem about it, the fans and the LED indicators all work fine.

(3)Switch to XA-2, XA-3,XA-4, XB

(4)Check the cable and there is no problem about it because it works fine when connecting my host machine and my monitor.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @shaozhenlei,

Please refer to Finalize DRIVE AGX System Setup part in Install DRIVE with SDK Manager :: DRIVE Platform Installation Guide with NVIDIA SDK Manager for this topic. Thanks.

Thank you for replying @SteveNV .

I checked the “Enable Display” section and tried the first solution which is “sudo -b X -ac -noreset -nolisten tcp” and still no HDMI signal.

I can’t try the second solution because the target machine cannot access the internet, check my another issue: NetworkManager.service not found

Hi @shaozhenlei ,
After manually starting X server with this command, you should able to follow Building and Running the NvMedia Samples, run the sample applications on the target system, and see the display. Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for this answer, I believe this is the right solution.
However, I have already solved my network issue and applied the second way mentioned by the document, i.e., “apt-get install gdm3 ubuntu-unity-desktop”.

1 Like