"macId2": "mac2 0x48B02D633d2D 2",
            "macId3": "mac3 0x48B02D633d2F 2",
            "macId4": "mac4 0x48B02D633d31 2"
    }

}

• From Aurix console put the board in recovery:
    > tegrarecovery x1 on
    > tegrareset x1

• Then from another window on the host make sure two nvidia USB devices appear:
    $ lsusb -d 0955:

• flash with MAC addresses reprogrammed
    $ cd ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_OS_6.0.5_SDK_Linux_DRIVE_AGX_ORIN_DEVKITS/DRIVEOS/drive-foundation
    $ make/bind_partitions -b p3710-10-s05 linux
    $ cd tools/flashtools/bootburn
    $ ./bootburn.py -b p3710-10-s05 -B qspi --customer-data {Absolute Path to}/customer_data_orin.json

• Once flashing is complete do the followng on the target again to confirm MAC addresses are present:
    cat /proc/device-tree/chosen/nvidia,ether-mac0
    cat /proc/device-tree/chosen/nvidia,ether-mac2
    cat /proc/device-tree/chosen/nvidia,ether-mac4
    cat /proc/device-tree/chosen/nvidia,ether-mac6
    cat /proc/device-tree/chosen/nvidia,ether-mac8

Because the serial number does not appear on the Orin itself, only on the cardboard shipping box, I don’t know if the machine we’re working on now is S/N 1412422000100 or 1412422000069. How can I confirm the S/N for this hardware?

We already confirmed it’s 1412422000100 so you can use the JSON file provided.

Besides reprogramming MAC address, please elaborate on what had been done on the system before the first time aware of network issues and help us figure out why the MAC address got erased.

Except flashing with sdkmanager or docker (following DRIVE OS 6.0.5 Installation Guide for NVIDIA Developers), had you ever run any commands manually (e.g. bootburn.py)? Have you ever run bootburn command with --clean option?

does this have anything to do with this MAC issue?

After rebooting the machine comes up with a working network and the MAC addresses are:

adi@tegra-ubuntu:~$ cat /proc/device-tree/chosen/nvidia,ether-mac0                                                                       
48:b0:2d:63:3d:29
adi@tegra-ubuntu:~$ cat /proc/device-tree/chosen/nvidia,ether-mac2                                                                       
48:b0:2d:63:3d:2b
adi@tegra-ubuntu:~$ cat /proc/device-tree/chosen/nvidia,ether-mac4                                                                       
48:b0:2d:63:3d:2d
adi@tegra-ubuntu:~$ cat /proc/device-tree/chosen/nvidia,ether-mac6                                                                       
48:b0:2d:63:3d:2f
adi@tegra-ubuntu:~$ cat /proc/device-tree/chosen/nvidia,ether-mac8                                                                       
48:b0:2d:63:3d:31

I never issued commands from the NVidia distributions that were not provided by you, I relied entirely on SDKmanager. The network on this machine was working until the SDKmanager was used to update it to DRIVE OS 6.0.4. The system came up with the 6.0.4 desktop, but no network.

The system date is now reporting Jan 1 1970, I presume without the network the OS install skipped NTP and has other problems. Does this system need to be re-flashed to fix the OS?

Is there any remaining network issue?

The network interface itself appears to work.
Do I need to start another ticket just to ask if I need to re-flash this machine because the OS did not install properly due to this problem?

I don’t know how the MAC addresses were wiped out previously.
After reprogramming MAC addresses, now please try if able to check and update the firmware with the method (confirm no “Ping to AURIX failed. Exit Aurix Updater”).

$ sudo /bin/bash /etc/systemd/scripts/nv_aurix_check_fw.sh
$ sudo /bin/bash /etc/systemd/scripts/nv_aurix_check_fw.sh -auto_update

adi@tegra-ubuntu:~$ sudo bash /etc/systemd/scripts/nv_aurix_check_fw.sh 
[sudo] password for adi: 
starting Aurix FW checking...
Checking arguments...
Checking Ping to AURIX 
Ping to Aurix successful
Flashed UPDATE FW version is 1.48.01.00
Aurix Update : Main FW selected: AFW
Aurix Update : Alternate FW selected: NV
Rootfs FW version is 5.06.05.0, DRIVE-V6.0.5-P3710-AFW-Aurix-StepB-5.06.05
Response_From_Aurix
Flashed FW version is 5.06.05.00
Aurix is booted with Latest FW
Rootfs UPDATE FW version is 1.48.01.0
Aurix is flashed with Latest UPDATE FW
adi@tegra-ubuntu:~$ sudo /bin/bash /etc/systemd/scripts/nv_aurix_check_fw.sh -auto_update
starting Aurix FW checking...
Checking arguments...
Checking Ping to AURIX 
Ping to Aurix successful
Aurix Update : Main FW selected: AFW
Aurix Update : Alternate FW selected: NV
Rootfs FW version is 5.06.05.0, DRIVE-V6.0.5-P3710-AFW-Aurix-StepB-5.06.05
Response_From_Aurix
Flashed FW version is 5.06.05.00
Aurix is booted with Latest FW
Rootfs UPDATE FW version is 1.48.01.0
Aurix is flashed with Latest UPDATE FW
adi@tegra-ubuntu:~$ 

The network issue seems to be fixed by reprogramming MAC addresses (still don’t know what’s done previously wiped them out though).
You can use flash to it with docker again. If no network issue, everything should be good.

@jace.mogill1 is the system all good now?

haven’t got your response so I set No network in DRIVE OS 6.0.5 on AGX Orin - #21 by jace.mogill1 as the solution. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.