No Sources found at the input of muxer [videomux]

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson
• DeepStream Version 6.3
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) JetPack 5.1.2 GA
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

This is the same issue as reported by the another user here, in that there are many cases where the new Streammux plugin floods the bus with warning messages… and in our case warning messages are typically sent up to the client application.

For example, when running Pipelines to decode jpeg image files, where you have a single frame followed by EOS, followed by a flood of warning messages.

HandleBusWatchMessage:: Message type : warning
HandleBusWatchMessage::    warning   : No Sources found at the input of muxer [videomux]

I understand that the Streammux is now open source, and we can modify this behavior ourselves… but we, like I’m sure others, deliver work to clients as source… and have no way of updating the client’s DS installation.

So this is just a request to please change the message level in a future release if possible.

Thanks,
Robert.

The GStreamer log output can be controlled. To enable debug output, set the GST_DEBUG environment variable to the desired debug level.
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/tutorials/basic/debugging-tools.html?gi-language=c

@Fiona.Chen Sorry if I wasn’t clear, it is not the log messages that I’m worried about, it is the bus messages received by the application.

You can choose to handle or ignore the warning in bus callback.

Sorry, seemed like a valid request.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.