No video output RTX 2080 TI, and heating up crazily fast and high

Dear NVIDIA,
I bought 2 RTX2080 TI Founders Edition (one in February one in July) this year from amazon.com, and I was using them happily until 2 weeks ago. After I moved out I set up my workstation again and I couldn’t get any video output from neither of the card and one card was heating up crazily fast and high, the other’s temperature was alright. I tried the GPUS with another workstation to test if it is hardware-related, but I observed the same issue. Interestingly I can see both GPU’s when I run nvidia-smi command. Apart from no video output, one of the GPU is working all fine and I’m currently using it. I plugged the other one out as it was heating up crazily high very fast. What could I do to get them fixed? Live chat directed me to here and ask me to post the issue here. I’m looking forward to hear your helpful response, and thank you very much in advance!

Bests,
Cihan

Hi @cgksu,

Welcome to the NVIDIA Developer Forums. I hate to give you the run-around, but consumer support can be found in the GeForce Forums. You have a higher chance of getting help with your cards there.

Best,
Tom K

Thank you! Copied and posted :-)

Bests,
Cihan

1 Like