Noise cancellation in Jetson TX2 NX

Hi All,

I would like to do noise cancellation in recorded audios in Jetson TX2 NX.In the current setup a MCU to which two DMICs are connected and MCU is interfaced with Jetson TX2 NX via I2S .Data from DMIC will be recorded in Jetson TX2 NX.(Dummy codec is enabled in Jetson).

I tried with gstreamer plugin “webrtcdsp” and noise has been reduced.But CPU utilisation is more and some more filtering is needed.Is there any other methods in Jetson TX2 NX to reduce the noise?I have read APE in the document.Can we utilise APE to reduce the noise?Any algorithm supported?
Please do help me to do the same

Thanks in advance

Hi JoseNeethu75, There is no HW solution available for this. You will to rely on alternate SW solutions/filters (on CPU).

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi @sharadg ,

Thanks for the response . Could you please suggest any alternate SW solutions other than gstreamer in Jetson TX2 NX?Can we access the APE from software algorithm?

Could you please suggest any alternate SW solutions other than gstreamer in Jetson TX2 NX?

The effectiveness of NR algorithm could highly depend on the environment where the device is going to be used. Hence we don’t have any direct recommendations on NR Algorithms.

Can we access the APE from software algorithm?

Yes, Kindly refer https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/asoc_driver.19.2.html#wwpID0E0ZIB0HA to know more about HW modules in APE and the driver details in the following sections.

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi @sharadg ,
Audio noise issue is due to the blower fan in our current setup.In the current setup a MCU to which two DMICs are connected and MCU is interfaced with Jetson TX2 NX via I2S .Data from DMIC will be recorded in Jetson TX2 NX.(Dummy codec is enabled in Jetson).Blower fan noise spreads all over the frequency.Frequency spectrum of the blower fan noise is as below. I am also attaching a sample wav file for your reference. Do we have any software methods to reduce this kind of white noise in Jetson TX2 NX .

Hi @sharadg ,

Could you please update on this?

Hi @joseneethu75,

We don’t have recommendations on SW NR Algos. as of now. Kindly explore and use any SW that suits your need.

Thanks,
Sharad

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.