Normal Maps in VR mode

I’ve created all of my materials using OmniPBR with LOCAL texture maps, NOTHING coming from Omniverse servers. My surfaces with normal maps (using both a single mesh UV and some non-UVd meshes using project UVs) all look great in Create 2022.3.0 and Create XR, UNTIL I Start VR mode and put on my Quest 2 - either wired with USB C cable or wifi via Virtual Desktop.

That’s when ALL of the normal maps “vanish” by being rendered at 1/100th the desired “amplitude.” This is NOT a UV scale issue, but a “bump height” issue.

Is there a VR rendering setting for normal map global intensity I’m missing?

Hello @DeanScott! I’ve alerted the XR team of this post. If you would like, if you share your scene with me I can send it over to the devs to take a look at it. Just email me here: omniversecommunity@nvidia-omniverse.atlassian.net

Thanks. Just emailed a bare-bones version of the scene.

@DeanScott I received your file via @WendyGram. However, there are no maps included.

Can you resend the file by using following workflow?

In the content browser window within Create, RMB Use “collect the assets” to “collect” all the textures into one folder (if not already) and then select both the folder and the usd file, and zip it into a single file. If you already have the textures in a single folder then just zip the two together and resend to us, thanks.

Collect Asset — Omniverse Extensions documentation (nvidia.com)

I just did so an hour ago and sent FTP link to Jira’s email.

Hello @DeanScott! It’s probably on our end, but I haven’t received an email from you yet. I just wanted to let you know that I watching the inbox like a hawk!

You’re probably already aware, since you’re the people making the software, but flattening a scene converts all the relative paths referencing local images to absolute paths, thus for my test scene for this case study, the path required for the USD to “find” the images and mdls is C:\Omniverse\ConExpo_VR\ (wherein you put the USD and the images and mdl folders provided in the zip file FTP’d to you.

Note also that I used C:\Omniverse as the INSTALLATION location for Create and Create XR, rather than the default C:\Users\userxxx\xxx\xxx.…

Hello @DeanScott! We haven’t received your file on our end yet. Could you please resend it just in case?

I’ve sent the FTP link to three addresses. Are you looking at omniversecommunity@nvidia-omniverse.atlassian. net and jira@ the same domain (the first emails used to contact me) and notifications@nvidia,discourseemail. com address (used just now to notify me of your reply to this thread)?