Not responding when running "clara render start"

Hi, there. I need some help.

I am trying to follow the Clara Deploy instructions to get the Deploy framework up and running.

But, I get a error info when I start monitor services.

Error: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = validation failed: [unable to recognize "": no matches for kind "PodSecurityPolicy" in version "extensions/v1beta1", unable to recognize "": no matches for kind "Deployment" in version "apps/v1beta2", unable to recognize "": no matches for kind "StatefulSet" in version "apps/v1beta1"]

I have tried some solutions on the Internet but can’t fix it.
Can you someone me with this? I would be very grateful if you could elaborate more details.

Add

1. kubectl version

$  kubectl version --short
    Client Version: v1.19.0
    Server Version: v1.17.0

2. helm version

$ helm version
    Client: &version.Version{SemVer:"v2.15.2", GitCommit:"8dce272473e5f2a7bf58ce79bb5c3691db54c96b", GitTreeState:"clean"}
    Server: &version.Version{SemVer:"v2.15.2", GitCommit:"8dce272473e5f2a7bf58ce79bb5c3691db54c96b", GitTreeState:"clean"}

Hi MengYun,

Thanks for your interest in Clara Deploy. A couple questions to troubleshoot:
Are you using the bootstrap.sh script to configure the system?
If so, was kubernetes already installed on the system?

Clara Deploy requires kubernetes version 1.15.x, and it looks like you have a newer version installed. If kubernetes was already installed on the system, you can try the following:
sudo apt remove kubectl kubeadm kubelet kubernetes-cni
You may also need to remove your $HOME/.kube/config
Then rerun the bootstrap.sh script to install the 1.15.x version of the kubernetes components.

Thanks,
Kris

1 Like

Greetings Meng,

Thanks for your interest in Clara Deploy. At first glance it appears that the issue may well be related to the K8S version being used. Have you been able to go through the bootstrap script successfully before starting the Clara platform and other services?

Note the requirements here:

• Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS
  • We use the NVIDIA Triton Inference Server 1.5.0 (Container Image tag 19.08). Release 1.5.0 is based on CUDA 10.2, which requires NVIDIA driver release 440.33. However, if you are running on Tesla (Tesla V100, Tesla P4, Tesla P40, or Tesla P100), you may use NVIDIA driver release 384.111+ or 410. Support matrix for TensorRT Inference Sever: https://docs.nvidia.com/deeplearning/frameworks/support-matrix/index.html.
    • Installation of CUDA Toolkit would make both CUDA and NVIDIA Display Drivers available
    • Due to AWS kernel update 5.3.0-1017-aws, nvidia-smi will fail with

NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA driver

It is recommended that the NVIDIA driver is installed using CUDA 10.2 deb package.

• NVIDIA GPU is Pascal or newer, including Pascal, Volta, and Turing families
  • Kubernetes 1.15.4
  • Docker 19.03.1
  • NVIDIA Docker 2.2.0
  • Docker configured with nvidia as the default runtime (Prerequisite of NVIDIA device plugin for k8s)
  • Helm 2.15.2
  • At least 30GB of available disk space

It works to me. I appreciate your help very much.