Nsight 3.0 installation Visual Studio 2008 vs 2010

The Nsight 3.0 suport both Cuda 4.2 and 5.0. why the sample projects came with default/connect to Cuda 4.2 instead of 5.0? it that because I use Visual Studio 2008 instead of 2010?

I havd both Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 installed in my computer (Windows 7). It says both Cuda and Nsight will work well with VS 2008 and 2010. When I install Nsight 3.0 it finds 2010 so everything is installed for that version automatically (without choice on certain key modules). In order to make it install for 2008, I actually uninstalled Visual Studio 2010 to make it work. Guess it is one way or only way to do that?

Chester

Hi Chester,

This is something we will be updating for the next release build.

Did the installer dialog said anything regarding VS 2008? It could be that it didn’t find the Service Pack 1 installed, which is a requirement for the installer to integrate into VS 2008 - if there are issues, you should’ve seen this in the dialog. Please make sure VS 2008 and .NET 3.5 SP1 is installed on the machine

Thanks

Yes, double checked this in my computer from both ControlPanel/Programming Features… and Instaled VS 2008. it is .NET 3.5 SP1. Check my forum under the same thread “…660Ti card” I posted more trying to get help from Jeff or other supports.

Thanks,
Chester

I also found from other forums that that a gtx660 PC won’t boot. It is kind related to the BIOS and PCI version. Can you tell if this could related to my problem? or what is the requirement on BIOS/PCI for this card?

Chester