Nsight 4.0 glsl compiler warning

Hello,

When debugging my application in nsight with the last driver (337.88) it seems like warnings are treated as errors.

Fragment info
-------------
_shader10533(169) : warning C7050: "_RT" might be used before being initialized
(0) : fatal error C9999: *** exception during compilation ***

But when i launch the same application outside nsight i don’t get any shader compiling issues. And if i revert my driver back to 335.23, everything is fine inside and outside of nsight.
So how can i treat warnings as errors outside of nsight, or disable them ?

Hi,

This sounds like a driver issue indeed. Is there a way you can share a reproducible so we can get the driver fixed for you?

As a workaround, you can turn off the shader debugger which in turn will not compile the shaders in debug mode. Go to Nsight → Options… → Graphics → Shader Debugging enabled, turn it to False. The downside is that you will not be able to do shader debugging and related features (like pixel history).

Thanks

Yes, i can bundle the application to reproduce it, but i can only shared it privately.
Disabling “Shader Debugging” fix the issue, but as i have to debug them i will stick to the previous driver for now :)

Not a problem, thanks for helping us reproduce the problem. Can you PM me your email? I can then send you info to provide the reproducible package.

Thanks!