Nsight compiler error

I have a problem with the pthread_create command in that it won’t compile: see attachments

ParallelTeam.h (894 Bytes)
ParallelTeam.cpp (4.93 KB)

I’m sorry but your screenshot does not show the error message and I cannot compile your source files locally as you did not attach all the headers.

Can you perform a build and paste here the NVCC output?

I believe I actually see the problem on line 68. It is caused by worker_func being non-static member function. This thread on StackOverflow describes what you should do: c++ - pthread function from a class - Stack Overflow

Ok,

I’ve rebuilt the code and included the header files but, the function has problems.
ParallelTeam.h (901 Bytes)
ParallelTeam.cpp (4.94 KB)
Memory.h (731 Bytes)
IllegalArgumentException.h (358 Bytes)

Please check c++ - pthread function from a class - Stack Overflow on how to pass member functions to pthreads library functions.

Ok,

Now I have another problem; I can’t access “this” in my static member and I can’t write to my allocated memory locations. Is there a workaround?

Note that this is general C++ question and is not specific to CUDA or NVCC compiler.

There is a number of issues that arise from what you are trying to do (e.g. is “this” pointer still valid when new thread is ran? - I see it is in your example, but this may not be true in your complete code) so I suggest you check StackOverflow for comprehensive answers on the subject.

Is there a particular article?

I see there is a number of links in “Linked” and “Related” section on the question page that I gave the link above.

Sorry, made a mistake.

please forget previous post. Here is a more accurate one: see attachments
Memory.h (731 Bytes)
ParallelTeam.h (866 Bytes)
ParallelTeam.cpp (4.56 KB)
IllegalArgumentException.h (358 Bytes)