Nsight Eclipse Error (not opening)

Thanks for this solution. I followed this method and it is working now for me as well

Same here but these solutions donā€™t work for me.
I have installed the SDK Manager, icons for NSight Eclipse and other icons are in the app manager, but Nsight reports an error occurred, the log file does not exist.
Running ubuntu 18.04 on a PC to use a cross compiler host, clean build, 8GB RAM, installed SDK Man with CUDA 10.2 to use with Jetson Nano (Jetpack 4.5.1 comes with ubuntu 18.04 and CUDA 10.2)
Itā€™s as if nsight just doesnā€™t have write permissionsā€¦?!

OK, problem solvedā€¦
Being pretty new to linux etc, I have a very sharp learning curve (more a cliff-edge with an overhang) installing on a host and Jetson Nano as a target and getting everything to work. Documentation seems to be written by experts for experts, very hard to decypher for newbies. So for the other newbies out there, this is what I found.
Installed Jetpack 4.5.1 on the Nano, that went through seamlessly. It installed ubuntu 18.04.
To minimize cross-compilation problems I took the general advice and installed 18.04 on the host PC too. After a lot of headbanging, managed to get the NVidia SDK Manager to install, but it does not finish the job.
Part of the problem is that the latest CUDA, 11.2, is not supported on Jetson, so everything I did had to be done explicitly for CUDA 10.2.
I then had to go out and find Java Runtime Environment v8 (known as 1.8, update 151) because NSight Eclipse is not compatible with any later versions.
Then, I had to persuade NSight to use this version of JRE. I ended up creating a new icon, with an explicit command line to invoke NSight (from the folder it installed) and telling it explicitly (-vm ā€¦) which version of Java to use.
Then manually run the script to install all the samples for CUDA 10.2. The exact command I entered was
/usr/local/cuda/bin/cuda-install-samples-10.2.sh ~/cuda-workspace/samples
because I had created a folder called samples.
Finally, hurrah, I have NSight working and it can even load one of the samples.

But the struggles are not over. No idea how to tell NSight to build for the remote target; and the Help doesnā€™t work either, because it immediately returns ā€œProblem accessing /help/index.jspā€. Presumably all the help files are tucked away somewhere, so I will have to go hunting.

I hope this is of some help to the other newbies out there who may be having the same strugglesā€¦

1 Like