[Nsight Systems 2022.5.1.82] Public key authentication not working on macOS

Hi,

There seems to be a bug on the latest version of Nsight Systems that is causing public key ssh authentication from a macOS host to a GNU/Linux server to no longer work and always ask for a password. I’ve confirmed that connecting from a GNU/Linux host to the same server still works as expected.

This post by @moon0903 might be related even though I have no problems with 2022.4.1 or older versions.

Cheers,
-Nuno

@Andrey_Trachenko ? @ztasoulas is this what you were looking into.

I think these are separate issues, the issue I was looking into was not related to authentication.

@Andrey_Trachenko then.

Thank you @nmnobre for reporting this issue. We’ll look into it and come back to you.

1 Like

@nmnobre If possible, could you send me a direct message with the output from the command ssh -vv username@host to help us determine the issue?

If there is any confidential information from the output you could hide them, we just need the general output about the key type and authentication methods.

The issue remains with 2023.1.1.

The issue seems to have been solved in 2023.2.1. 🎉
Can you confirm that’s indeed the case @Andrey_Trachenko @mpopov?

Cheers!

Thank you, @nmnobre! We were unable to reproduce this issue, but we have fixed the possible cause. Therefore, it would be appreciated if you could confirm that the problem has been fixed.

1 Like

Oh, well, whatever you did seems to have worked for me, so I’m happy. :)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.