NsightCompute stuck at opening the report file

Is a 160MB report file too big for NsightCompute to load that?
The command that I used is

~/cuda-10.1.168/NsightCompute-2019.3/nv-nsight-cu-cli --quiet --metrics sm__warps_active.avg.pct_of_peak_sustained_active -f -o 2080_report ./program

The output file is 2080_report.nsight-cuprof-report which is 164,959KB.
When I open the file, it stuck and I only see “Loading 2080_report.nsight-cuprof-report” in the bottom bar.

Is that normal?

Actually it took about 15 minutes to load!

I see that Nsight is much slower and more memory hungry in opening report files compared to visual profiler. Just one metric collection for my program easily reaches 150MB (400MB max) and it takes about more than 30 minutes to open while it takes about 6GB of memory.

I hope that these issues become solved in future releases.

It is certainly not expected that opening a 160MB report takes 15 minutes, it should normally take only a few seconds. Would you be able to share your report with us so we could investigate the issue? In the meantime, please also try the latest released version of Nsight Compute (2019.4) to see if that improves the situation, or consider using the CLI to inspect the data. UI and CLI work differently in that the latter only keeps a single result from the report in memory at a time.