Nucleus service not accessable

Hello,

So trying to install omniverse on a new windows 11 machine. Fresh install of windows.

The nucleus service doesn’t want to start in the 3080 portal. It just says ERROR and then goes back to STOPPED. Sharing is enabled. Also, there are no logs for nucleus, it’s just a blank file.

After some investigation, I ran the omni.server.app.exe manually from an admin powershell and received this error:

[Error] [carb] [Plugin: carb.dictionary.serializer-json.plugin.dll] Could not load the dynamic library from c:/users/user/appdata/local/ov/pkg/nucleus-workstation-2023.2.3/nucleus/carb.dictionary.serializer-json.plugin.dll because a dependent library failed to load. Enable the “Show Loader Snaps” gflag or use a tool such as LoaderLog or a Dependencies tool to determine which dependent library is missing as Windows does not provide any method for the application to determine this.
[Warning] [carb] Potential plugin preload failed: c:/users/user/appdata/local/ov/pkg/nucleus-workstation-2023.2.3/nucleus/carb.dictionary.serializer-json.plugin.dll
[Error] [carb] Failed to acquire interface: [carb::dictionary::ISerializer v1.1], by client: omni.server.app (plugin name: )
[Error] [omni.server.app] Unable to acquire ISerializer interface from json plugin - cannot read settings from file!
[Warning] [omni.structuredlog.plugin] no serializer object to use to load the settings file. The settings file ‘C:/Users/user/.nvidia-omniverse/config/privacy.toml’ will not be loaded.
[Error] [carb] [Plugin: carb.crashreporter-breakpad.plugin.dll] Could not load the dynamic library from c:/users/user/appdata/local/ov/pkg/nucleus-workstation-2023.2.3/nucleus/carb.crashreporter-breakpad.plugin.dll because a dependent library failed to load. Enable the “Show Loader Snaps” gflag or use a tool such as LoaderLog or a Dependencies tool to determine which dependent library is missing as Windows does not provide any method for the application to determine this.
[Warning] [carb] Potential plugin preload failed: c:/users/user/appdata/local/ov/pkg/nucleus-workstation-2023.2.3/nucleus/carb.crashreporter-breakpad.plugin.dll
[Warning] [omni.server.app] No crash reporter present, dumps uploading isn’t available.
[Error] [carb] [Plugin: carb.crashreporter-breakpad.plugin.dll] Could not load the dynamic library from c:/users/user/appdata/local/ov/pkg/nucleus-workstation-2023.2.3/nucleus/carb.crashreporter-breakpad.plugin.dll because a dependent library failed to load. Enable the “Show Loader Snaps” gflag or use a tool such as LoaderLog or a Dependencies tool to determine which dependent library is missing as Windows does not provide any method for the application to determine this.
[Warning] [carb] Potential plugin preload failed: c:/users/user/appdata/local/ov/pkg/nucleus-workstation-2023.2.3/nucleus/carb.crashreporter-breakpad.plugin.dll
[Error] [carb] [Plugin: carb.dictionary.serializer-json.plugin.dll] Could not load the dynamic library from c:/users/user/appdata/local/ov/pkg/nucleus-workstation-2023.2.3/nucleus/carb.dictionary.serializer-json.plugin.dll because a dependent library failed to load. Enable the “Show Loader Snaps” gflag or use a tool such as LoaderLog or a Dependencies tool to determine which dependent library is missing as Windows does not provide any method for the application to determine this.
[Warning] [carb] Potential plugin preload failed: c:/users/user/appdata/local/ov/pkg/nucleus-workstation-2023.2.3/nucleus/carb.dictionary.serializer-json.plugin.dll
[Error] [carb] Failed to acquire interface: [omni::server::ISignalHandler v2.0], by client: omni.server.app (plugin name: )
[Error] [carb] Failed to acquire interface: [omni::server::IWakeupThread v1.0], by client: omni.server.app (plugin name: )
[Error] [carb] Failed to acquire interface: [omni::server::IEventSystem v1.0], by client: omni.server.app (plugin name: )
[Error] [carb] Failed to acquire interface: [omni::server::IServer v1.1], by client: omni.server.app (plugin name: )
[Error] [omni.server.app] Fatal: Server could not start!

I’ve tried disabling firewalls, and other security settings but same errors. I had run it on this exact same computer before I reformatted, so I’m not sure that it is a hardware issue.

Thanks for your help!

@jeremyk as another user, i haven’t seen this; so hopefully the mods would be able to provide additional insight. is there a Launcher log you could upload by chance? you can find the .log file here - %userprofile%\.nvidia-omniverse\logs\launcher.log

I spoke with one of the developers about this today. It looks like it was a bad install. If you can uninstall Nucleus (this will leave your data intact), make sure all the services are stopped, and delete the c:/users/user/appdata/local/ov/pkg/nucleus-workstation-2023.2.3 directory and install again and restart your machine.

Thanks for looking into this.

So I just deleted the service, checked that directory (was already empty), rebooted, installed nucleus service again and had similar results. The data is not so important here as it is a fresh install of omniverse on a fresh computer, so willing to experiment. Windows 11 fully updated, logging in with the local user admin.

Originally, I did a fresh windows install and was experiencing this issue, and was trying with a domain server user… so I reinstalled windows again with local only accounts and same deal unfortunately.

I’ve attached my launcher.log file. I replaced a few variables but its pretty much all there.
launcher.log (117.6 KB)

Any idea on some things I can check into? I’ve tried many things but coming up short.

So, looking at your log, there’s several errors about untrusted/invalid certs as well as several connections refused against port 3333

Can you make sure there is nothing else snagging your ports?

Is there any possibility your ISP or company is blocking where this is being pulled from?

1 Like

So, the untrusted certificate is a google ads ‘doubleclick.net’ attempt that is made on the news page of the launcher. Our main firewall blocks those but that’s just ads.

I’m pretty sure 3333 its erroring out because nucleus failed to start and its trying to connect to it locally. My local windows firewall is disabled.

I just ran it on another computer here for a sanity check and it works fine. Really strange.

I mean there are processes running on 3333, some of them are TIME_WAIT with no PID… some are ESTABLISHED with a PID and also listening on 0.0.0.0:3333

On my other computer that works I don’t see any of the TIME_WAIT 3333 processes but not sure where that’s coming from.

Just reformatted win11, installed windows updates on a local admin, installed omniverse, no dice. everything running but nucleus failed/stopped with a blank nucleus log

I’ve noticed on the broken computer it doesn’t ask me for permissions to LFT Service. I’m wondering if that could have something to do with it. If I try to run the LFT exe manually I get these errors which would be consistent with no logs:

2024-04-24 17:46:56,936 - system_log - INFO - reconnecting …
2024-04-24 17:47:00,971 - system_log - INFO - [WinError 1225] The remote computer refused the network connection

The first service that needs to run is the discovery service. You may need to try and run that in the command window to see what errors that throws.

If something else is using port 3333 you need to get that to stop, that’s what Nucleus needs to use.

When you’re doing the clean install of windows 11 is this directly from MS or is this an image your company has supplied?

Discovery service seems to be running fine, along with auth and the rest of the services. Discovery runs on 3333? Yeah it was a fresh install from a usb key, on an HP PC. It was working before it was formatted.

Are you able to get to system monitor at all? I would like to see what all the services you have running.

If you try and run Nucleus core in the command shell, what output do you get in the shell?

like omni.server.app.exe?

Looks like you need the Microsoft 2019 redist
Visual Studio 2019 Redistribution | Microsoft Learn

2 Likes

This is great, everything works now as it should! 🎉🎉🎉
Thanks for all your help!

My feedback would be to post this on the download link page, for future omniverse testers. Especially since the log output isn’t very clear about it. Could look like this for example:

example-nvidialink

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.