Number of PWM outputs on the Jetson Nano

Hi All,

Im a bit of a novice with the Jetson Nano, but I’ve got an assignment asking: “How many pulse-width-modulated (PWM) signals can be output simultaneously from the Jetson Nano?” I’m a bit confused because I think there can be a PWM output on both the j15 and j41 header, but I dont know how many simultaneous outputs the board allows for.

If anyone could help that’d be great.
Cheers

Hi, please refer to PWM chapter in Tegra X1 (SoC) Technical Reference Manual in DLC, “The Pulse Width Modulator (PWM) controller is a four channel frequency divider whose pulse width varies. Each channel has a programmable frequency divider and a programmable pulse width generator.

Thankyou, where are the pins located for this? Is there three on the j41 header and one one the j15?

You can check the pin number in pinmux sheet and find the location in schematic in DLC. Total three are routed out, two on J41 (GPIO07 and GPIO13), one is fan_pwm.

Sorry I am a bit confused and cant find an answer on the DLC, what do you mean by ‘total three are routed out’ I though the Jetson Nano can output four PWM signals simultaneously. Am I incorrect in saying this?

Thanks so much for your help

Did you check the pinmux sheet in DLC? There are total four pwm pins on SoC, but only three are routed out to carrier board.

Oh yes I understand now, I checked the pinmux sheet but couldn’t really make much sense of it. What does the fourth pin that isn’t routed out control?

Just ignore the fourth one since it is not routed out and can not be used.

1 Like

thanks so much for your help