nvcamerasrc image capture & auto white balance

Dear Sir or Madam,

I got some questions for image capture and auto white balance for TX1.
I did all the test on serval CSI cameras on Jetson TX1(Jetpack 3.0), for the video stream function all worked well. But when I tried to do image capture under the following pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 nvcamerasrc sensor-id=0 num-buffers=1 ! “video/x-raw, width=1920, height=1080, format=I420, framerate=60/1” ! nvjpegenc ! filesink location=test.jpg

I found that all the images files are very dark. then I found one last year’s post about this issuehttps://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/985347/jetson-tx1/usb-camera-image-capture/

I tried DaneLLL’s way using multifilesink to get more captures by:

gst-launch-1.0 nvcamerasrc sensor-id=0 num-buffers=60 ! “video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=1920, height=1080, format=I420, framerate=60/1” ! nvjpegenc ! multifilesink location=test_%03d.jpg

then I got 60 captures but I found that around first 30 images are getting brighter and brighter then stabilized.
I realized it may be the problem of nvcamerasrc’s auto white balance. As I just want one image without any white balance things, I tried to turn off the auto white balance by setting the “wbmode=0”, but nothing changed, the images are still getting brighter and then stable.
Then I tried to set “wbmode” to 4,5,6,7,8 the color did have changed but the images are still generated from dark to bright. Seems like the wbmode do can change the white balance setting but can’t turn it off!

I just want to take one image so the multifink is not an option for me, is there any way to turn off this auto white balance mode? (Apparently, set wbmode=0 is not working.)

Thanks in advance for any kind help!

Olivaw

I would like to say it’s not about the AWB is could be the AE(auto exposure) and that couldn’t avoid if you use gst-launch for only one jpeg frame because the AE at least need few frame to converge. But you implement your own APP to skip first few frame like nvgstcapture-1.0 launch the camera as preview mode and take a picture when hit the j bottom.

Thank you ShaneCCC, nvgstcapture-1.0 plus hit the j bottom works.

But is there any way to configure gst-launch-1.0 nvcamerasrc like this, or doing filesink after like 3 or more seconds? Cause all former development are using gst-launch-1.0 nvcamerasrc so I’m more familiar with this. Thanks again.

(Plus, any difference between wbmode=0 and wbmode=1? As you said it’s not related to my current app but I’m just curious :)

I don’t have idea about this but you can search it or implement a sink skip frames.
The wbmode=0 is set whitebalance mode as off 1 is auto.