Nvgstcapture-1.0 exposuretimerange results in darker exposures compared to gst-launch-1.0

(topic deleted by author)

Sorry I deleted the first post. I had forgotten to test changing the image capture pipeline framerate which is hardcoded in nvgstcapture.h, but even after making that change (setting it to 1fps), the result is the same.

These two commands, which should output identical photos, result in very different exposures - nvgstcapture-1.0 is much darker.

./nvgstcapture-1.0 --sensor-mode=0 --image-res=10 --aelock=1 --gainrange="1 1" --ispdigitalgainrange="1 1" --image-enc=1 --mode=1 --whitebalance=3 --file-name="nvgstcapture" --exposuretimerange="300000000 300000000"

gst-launch-1.0 -e nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=0 sensor-mode=0 num-buffers=1 ispdigitalgainrange='1 1' aelock=true gainrange='1 1' wbmode=3 exposuretimerange="300000000 300000000" ! "video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=4032,height=3040,framerate=1/2" ! nvjpegenc quality=100 ! multifilesink location=gst.jpg

I wasn’t able to find any hardcoded max exposure in nvgstcapture-1.0 source. Does anyone know why the exposure doesn’t match gst-launch-1.0? Thanks!

Quick update. Even after adding "framerate", GST_TYPE_FRACTION, 1, 2 to every reference of gst_caps_new_simple in nvgstcapture.c the result was the same.

hello dustinkerstein,

could you please enable debug logs as following,

$ sudo su 
# pkill nvargus-daemon
# export enableCamCoreLogs=5
# nvargus-daemon

after that,
please reproduce the issue and capture the logs as two separate text files for reference,
thanks

Thanks Jerry. I retested after making the "framerate", GST_TYPE_FRACTION, 1, 2 to every reference of gst_caps_new_simple (and setting NVGST_DEFAULT_CAPTURE_FPS=1 in nvgstcapture.h) and it seems to have resolved the differences this time.

One more quick note - it would be nice to be able to pass the FPS into nvgstcapture-1.0 so it can support similar behavior to gst-launch-1.0. Thanks again though. With my modified nvgstcapture sources I was able to get the exposures to match.