NVIDIA announces Jetson Nano Developer Kit

Let’s hope the US suppliers get some stock early April. Even if you ordered from Seed to the US the shipping time is 20-30 days and $50+.

I’ll hold off for SparkFun free shipping:)

are u planning to release a jetbot kit for educational purposes?

They have a full wiki page explaining each aspect of JetBot, including a hardware list with price and possible alternatives. It also contains which softwares are being used, how to print 3D models for robot frame.

Check out here: Home · NVIDIA-AI-IOT/jetbot Wiki · GitHub

Thank you, i was just asking for an “all in one” kit, just to avoid printing all these chasis with a 3d printer + buying all these components in different places…

i’d like to know if the “production ready” module can work in the carrier board of the dev kit?
also, is it correct that the dev kit module does not have emmc for storage?
some articles seem to have the specs including the emmc, others do not.
and last question for now,
will the production ready module be able to boot from the emmc?
if i’m understanding all the hype to get a emmc equipped nano and a carrier board will cost ~$230US if the emmc nano works in the dev kit carrier. i guess other companies will make a carrier for the nano though.
thank you for any answers.

Very good questions dkryder. I also am anxious to hear about the emmc and carrier options. Looks like the specs on the production SOM include the emmc but the DevKit does not. I assume once the production SOM is available with emmc we can use on the devkit carrier.

I too am concerned about the ability to use eMMC. In my experience SD card storage is too fragile for even ‘proof of concept’ demonstrations of meaningful projects. The minute that you walk away from the bench booting from SD blows credibility out the window - even if it works.

We are looking into distributors who may be able to offer an “all-in-one” JetBot kit, but they are not quite ready yet.

In the meantime, you can reference these 3D printing services if you would like to build a JetBot but don’t have access to a 3D printer yourself: https://github.com/NVIDIA-AI-IOT/jetbot/wiki/3D-printing#method-2—use-a-printing-service

The micro SD card slot is on the underside of the devkit’s module, and not on the devkit carrier itself. Likewise, the eMMC on the production module is onboard the module. Hence the carrier is abstracted from the particular storage being used by the module.

Later this year, there will also be a new revision of the devkit available, such that the production module (with eMMC) can be used onboard the devkit carrier. However, the initial revision of the devkit that is shipping now has some incompatibilites with the production module.

OK, here is an update on the distributors that are online with the Jetson Nano Developer Kit.

These suppliers will begin shipping in late March - some of them are still correcting their pages to reflect this.

Thanks a million for clarifying Dusty

thanks dusty_nv , for me, june it is.

Is the new version of the devkit to be released in June (with the emmc) the $129 version? or is that just the production module, with a separate carrier board?

I see in the user guide that the Jetson Nano supports PoE. Would it be possible to power the Nano over ethernet using a Managed PoE Switch‎?

Hi jsiddall, good question, yes you can power the devkit from PoE, but you will need a hat or voltage regulator to convert from 48V down to 5V.

The latest revision of the devkit will be released in June, for the same $99 with MicroSD card slot. The $129 is for the production module with eMMC.

Do you plan that the Jetson Nano dev kit will be available in Germany from NVIDIA itself from day one or later? Because all other distributors are outside EWR as is can see and this would increase the cost.

Seeed team just fix the bug of shipping fee. Actually it will only cost around $13 for 20-days, $23 for 1-3 days with DHL.

Please go to the checkout page then you will see the correct shipping fee.
Hope this help!

Good to know, thanks for posting the update elainedan!

Hi nvidiakd4uo, Silicon Highway is a European distributor that can ship to Germany. I believe that Arrow can too.