NVIDIA announces Jetson Xavier NX

Thanks for the information.

Hi, we are currently working on a battery driven product based on Xavier. The NX appears to be a great hardware base to reduce battery consumption. Is there any way to get early access to NX boards for testing?

Just want to check if the Jetson Xavier NX Thermal Design Guide is ready and you can share it with us

Hi gaylord, there arenā€™t samples available, for the time being itā€™s recommended to use the AGX Xavier devkit with the NX emulation patch applied to approximate the performance.

Hi efiryw2d, let me check with the team on the status of that doc and get back to you. Thanks.

Hi, the Xavier NX Thermal Design Guide will be posted closer in time to the release of the hardware, as further validation is required from the team.

[EDIT] The Jetson Xavier NX Thermal Design Guide is available.

Thanks Dusty, i would appreciate if you could share this with us some basic info just to understand how to design a box to understand how much heat is going out from the module, if not thanks anyway :)

isnā€™t the heat quite predictable from the power consumption of the device? If is uses 10 Watt, this is your heat output, right?

Hard to predict, we intend to use the 15 Watt optionā€¦

Not really hard to predict. If you device consumes 15 Watts, it will produce 15 Watts of heat.

Let me wait too the thermal guideā€¦
You have the max n mode.
2.The heat in temp is also related to the weight and time of work and so on.it is not that strait forward

When will the Xavier NX devkit be available? Was initially announced as March. COVID-19 has probably affected supply chains so just wondering if nvidia can provide an estimate?

Hi @jasonpgf2a, the Jetson Xavier NX compute module was initially announced for March availability, however delays associated with Coronavirus have pushed it out some weeks. We hope to still have the module available from distributors sometime in April, thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Hello @dusty_nv,

Thank your for your update on the availability of the NX module. Does NVIDIA still plan on releasing the final datasheet and design guide for the NX module this March, even though the module wonā€™t be available for the next weeks?

It does appear that a minor update to the NX module datasheet is pending, Iā€™m not exactly sure when itā€™ll be released however. Note that the NX design docs were last updated in February: Jetson Download Center | NVIDIA Developer

I have heard that Nvidia now accepts orders for the NX. I was not notified though i entered my email address in the accoding form on the website.

Is there any news regarding availability?

cheers,
Gaylord

Hi @gaylord, our distributors are now taking orders for the NX - you can find them here: https://developer.nvidia.com/buy-jetson?product=jetson_xavier_nx&location=US

If you are in a different region, you can change the Location drop-down.

Hi dusty_nv, I was wondering if the weight of the NX is known and published. I was not able to find it anywhere.

Hi, As NX module is available to purchase and many peoples started to use it. Anyone created any kind of demo video of NX setup, performance, comparison between nano and NX performance which is helpful for new NX buyers.

Hi @yestin235, I am checking into that now with the engineering team and will get back to you.

1 Like