NVIDIA custom carrier board stuck at boot logo

Just in case you don’t know which command to flash dtb.

sudo ./flash.sh -r -k DTB your_board_config mmcblk0p1.

Please use the default dtb provided by sdkmanager to test this.

ok Thank you , we will try this and update you with output as soon as we can

Yes if we only flash the DTB using dtb files given by jetson sdk manager the NV dev kit boots up
devkit_log.txt (16.1 KB)
this is the log for the command “sudo ./flash.sh -r -k DTB jetson_nano_qspi_sd mmcblk0p1”

So

1. The default dtb is not able to boot on your board but devkit is fine.

2. Your dtb is not able to boot on either board.

What change have you made in the device tree?

Yesterday we have noticed one thing ,

1. we copied our modified “p3448-xxx-pinmux.dtsi” in the path "public_sources/Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/hardware/nvidia/platform/t210/porg/kernel-dts/porg-platforms "
  2. make ARCH=arm64 tegra_defconfig
  3. make ARCH=arm64 dtbs
  4. then copied the newly build dtb file(a single file tegra210-p3448-0000-p3349-0000-b00.dtb) ) to (release)linux_for_tegra/kernal/kernal4.9/arch/arm64/boot/dts to the
  5. Then executed sudo ./flash.sh -r -k DTB your_board_config mmcblk0p1.(this updates the DTB)
    after that the jetson NV dev kit restarted but booted successfully

so we flashed the OS again with new DTB file in place and still the NV dev kit boots successfully.

After these steps we assume the new image built should not work for NV dev kit because we have given our DTB files but the NV dev kit boots up normally so we think no matter what we change in that dtsi folder the default dtb is build automatically .

Hi,

First, you didn’t flash the OS at all. You only flash the dtb. DTB is just a binary file to tell the kernel which driver needs to be in use.

Second, I don’t know what you try to say here about the dtb. This kind of thing could be easily clarified by reading the dmesg.
For example, the default dtb from jetpack will have the build path of our host. And if you build your own dtb and apply it to your board correctly, that path will be changed to some path on your host.

Third, looks like your sentence here is not complete

then copied the newly build dtb file(a single file tegra210-p3448-0000-p3349-0000-b00.dtb) ) to (release)linux_for_tegra/kernal/kernal4.9/arch/arm64/boot/dts to the

=> then copied the newly build dtb file(a single file tegra210-p3448-0000-p3349-0000-b00.dtb) ) to (release)linux_for_tegra/kernal/kernal4.9/arch/arm64/boot/dts and reflashed the OS still the NV devkit boots up

I don’t know what you are trying to say. How about you read your own sentence first? You are telling us you copy your new dtb from the build folder to the build folder…

we need help in building the DTB file from the .dtsi file that is being generated by the excel sheet
tegra210-jetson_nano_module-gpio-default.dtsi (1.7 KB)
tegra210-jetson_nano_module-pinmux.dtsi (38.2 KB)
these are the files that are being generated by the excel sheet(pinmux generator excel)

i clearly mentioned here that we are copying it to “release”(release)linux_for_tegra/kernal/kernal4.9/arch/arm64/boot/dts to the

That’s what the documentation asks us to do - https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/l4t-archived/l4t-3271/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/adaptation_and_bringup_nano.html#wwpID0E0QQ0HA
from the documentation
5.Copy the generated .dtsi files from the directory that contains the spreadsheet to the following locations:
-pinmux.dtsi to /hardware/‌nvidia/platform/‌t210/porg/‌kernel-dts/porg-platforms/‌tegra210-porg-pinmux-p3448-0001-.dtsi

I mean the step 7. Where did you copy the dtb in step 7?

i clearly mentioned here that we are copying it to “release”(release)linux_for_tegra/kernal/kernal4.9/arch/arm64/boot/dts to the

To where? Your last 2 words in above sentence is “to the” But you didn’t say the path.

we followed this step
Copy the updated device tree image to the L4T release tree:
arch/arm64/boot/dts/tegra210-p3448---0000.dtb {path-to-L4T-release}/kernel/dtb/

Could you just practice to build a dtb without any change and flash it to your devkit and see if it can boot up?

This will help you understand the whole process.

we did this the NV dev kit boot perfectly fine

Hi,

I didn’t mean you just copy the dtb from jetpack and flash. I mean you “build” the dtb from scratch and without any of your pinmux change. Your previous questions and comment make me feel you didn’t try this at all.

i am sorry if my English is wrong , we have built the DTB from scratch and then copied it to release folder and then flashed the OS and NV dev kit boots up

these are the commands we used
$ cd <src_path>/kernel/kernel-4.9/

$ make ARCH=arm64 tegra_defconfig

$ make ARCH=arm64 dtbs

For that pinmux dts, I don’t have intention to teach you directly. If you ask me where to replace the file, what I do is open the dts file and trace the code. You have those codes too. I don’t see any reason that you have to ask me to help you trace the code.

Please do that work by yourself. If you have any problem in tracing the code, then I can teach. But please do the work first but not directly asking for answer.

Also, it has chance that this issue is not software side issue at all. Maybe still a hardware design problem. For example, insufficient power supply to the board.

okay thank you for your support it helped us a lot .

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.