NVIDIA driver is not loaded. Ubuntu 18.10

@generix you are my only hope!
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (798.1 KB)

I have been using this custom kernel (surface-linux) because of my Surface Book (with nvidia dgpu) and could never make it work properly.

Now, I’ve been using this kernel mostly because it seems to be the only solution for my dgpu, but I’m still not able to make it work.

For instance, it seems that the only possible way to make it detectable is by running a script, so that’s what I did:

First things first, I created a script with the following:

#!/bin/sh

echo 1 | sudo tee /sys/bus/platform/devices/MSHW0041:00/dgpu_power

So I created a simple script to run it while booting by setting it this way:

[Unit]
Description=Startup

[Service]
ExecStart=/home/felipe/dgpu.sh

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

and then running sudo systemctl enable dgpu.service and reeboting.
So to compare our results, when I run lspci I can see it been detected.

I proceeded with the Additional Driver and automatically installed the latest 460 driver.
Still, it seems not to be loaded.
So I’ve installed nvidia-prime, modprobe and even followed step by step of what you wrote on: nvidia-xconfig doesnt do what i want it to, nor does nvidia-settings - #7 by generix

No process yet. When I run nvidia-smi it yields me NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.

I’ve also tried installed the generic linux-headers and forcing the drivers on initialization, but wasn’t succesful.

I don’t mind going back to the generic kernel, as long as it can read my dGPU which seems to be possible only with the custom one.

Anyways, I really need your help!