Hi, I am having some problems with a Titan X and geforce RTX 2080Ti on my workstation (I tried both ubuntu 18.04 and Arch) . Here are some details, I am also attaching the bug reports and dmesg logs. Thanks in advance!
Some info about the system:
- Motherboard: Asus ws x299 sage (I installled the last bios: version 1001)
- psu 1600w
- 128 GB RAM (as 8x 16GB cards)
The two cards:
67:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU102 [GeForce RTX 2080 Ti] (rev a1)
68:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU102 [TITAN RTX] (rev a1)
I installed the nvidia drivers (430.26) but also tried with older versions (up to 390). However, whenever running nvidia-smi I always get one of the following error messages:
- ‘no device found’, or
- something like ‘not able to communicate with the device, verify that you have the latest drivers installed’
Some notes/observations: all these problems are experienced even before trying to run xorg.
If I run ‘cat /proc/driver/nvidia/gpus/*/information’ I get that both cars have unknow model but the Titan has also lots of questions marks on the GPU UUID, while the GeForce has a proper UUID. However I tried to use either cards alone but the same issues remain.
when starting with a fresh installation of the OS, until I add the “nomodeset” to the boot loader, the video gets corrupted (see picture here https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7f93aniz385r7f/20190709_153103.jpg?dl=0)
- running dmseg I note that the RmInitAdapter failed with error (0x26:0xffff:1155) which I did not find online anywhere.
- there is a “resource sanity check” that seems to highlight that the cards are requiring more memory than it seems would be allowed by the system
nvidia-bug-report.log at https://www.dropbox.com/s/3efzeg8rgdjb7r9/dmesg.log?dl=0
dmesg.log (82.8 KB)
nvidia-bug-report.log (863 KB)