Nvidia Flex; Unity, Beginner Questions

Hi,

I am using Unity since about 2 years now, mostly for small VR projects and a larger project I am working on right now. For that project I need some physic simulations with low performance impact. I doscovered Nvidia Flex (as a unity plugin) and really love the potential of it. However I have a couple concerns I cant solve with the documentation or tutorials on youtube.

1. I want water in a glass I can grab in VR and pour out. However I only get really "rough" fluids, which also "splatter" around and rinse through the colliders. I need a very little amount of water that acts as realistic as possible
  2. I could manage to get an object that acts like cloth. But I didnt find out how to give it a texture that looks like cloth. All I see are the little spheres, independent of the shape I chose. How can I add a shader to texturize the object?
  3. I want the cloth to act realisitc when colliding with a rigidbody. Most of the time it just slips through it (for example on the character collider). I added a sphere with sphere collider and rigidbody and a very low mass and let it fall on the cloth (which is attached like a hammock), and it just falls through it. Also when pouring a liquid on it it behaves weird and not like in the demos on youtube. Any tips here?
  4. In VR the liquids are not rendered properly. The look very rough and mostly black.

Thanks in advance for any tips that let me advanve in my project.

Hannes

“I want the cloth to act realisitc when colliding with a rigidbody. Most of the time it just slips through it (for example on the character collider). I added a sphere with sphere collider and rigidbody and a very low mass and let it fall on the cloth (which is attached like a hammock), and it just falls through it. Also when pouring a liquid on it it behaves weird and not like in the demos on youtube. Any tips here?”

The Rigidbody object needs to be a FlexActor and use the Same Container as the Cloth.

Normal Unity Rigidbodys fall through flex.